WEXFORD-L Archives

Archiver > WEXFORD > 2009-01 > 1233244081

From: "Jim Connors" <>
Subject: Re: [WEXFORD] ( Furlong) Departure from Cork
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:48:01 -0400

John, thanks for all this info about ships leaving Ireland. My husband's
ggg grandfather, Bartholomew Connors from Kiltilly, Co.Wexford, arrived in
Cape Breton in 1816 and took out a land grant at Low Point, Cape Breton
November 23, 1918. I have always wondered what port he would have sailed
out of and where he would have landed. It is very possible that he landed
in Cape Breton like you have stated, rather than Pictou. It would be
wonderful to have passenger lists, but it was too early in the emigration
period.

I notice that you are searching Doyle's. My husband has a g grandmother,
Mary Ann Doyle, born 1841 who married a William Heffernan, daughter of
Garret Doyle and Ellen Brewer; and gg grandparents Michael Doyle and Mary
Fitzgerald. Michael was suppose to have been born in Co.Wexford, place
unknown.

Thanks again John.

Fran