WHALEY-L Archives

Archiver > WHALEY > 1998-06 > 0899008257

From: <>
Subject: John Whaley, Jr. md. Charity Clark
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 00:30:57 EDT

Found this old message from Laquita Armstrong in my file on John Whaley of
Mason Co., KY, father of John, Jr. who md. Charity Clark. Lyn

My WHALEY had a daughter who married a BURDEN and they had a daughter who
married into my CAUGHEY line. All of this was in KY in the late 1700's.
Don't know much about them except that they were Hugenots and came from VA.
This is what I have. I found this WHALEY information in a book "The
Descendants of John CAUGHEY" by Karl Rosenberg. Maybe it will help some.

I don't have any descendants on this line, but do have ancestors of a Nancy
WHALEY who was a descendant of John WHALEY of Loudoun Co., VA [son of James d.
1784] who established Whaley's station in Mason Co. KY about 1785 next to
Simon Kenton's station, as mentioned in "Collin's History of Kentucky, Vol 2,
p. 555. The only descendants I have are John Sr. (1753-1807), John Jr. md.
24 Feb 1797 Mason Co. Ky. Charity Clark, dau. of William Clark, Sr., James
WHALEY (1800-1832) md. 15 Sept 1824, Nicholas Co. KY, Winifred Barbour (d.
1879) dau of Edward Barbour; Nancy Whaley (above) who married Jarrett BURDEN

This thread: