WHALEY-L Archives

Archiver > WHALEY > 2006-12 > 1164993091

From: Bruce Szczepankiewicz <>
Subject: Re: [WHALEY] Whaley md. Elizabeth MILLS???? = Robert=Theophilus???
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 09:11:31 -0800 (PST)

Bob,

I'm also descended from Theophilus Whaley and Elizabeth Mills, so I would love a copy of that document, if it's not too much trouble!

My line is through their daughter, Theodosia, who married Robert Spencer; Robert and Theodosia's son, Michael, married Abigail Claussen. Michael and Abigail's son, Robert, married Catherine Sternberg, and settled in Stamford, Upper Canada (now Niagara Falls, Ontario) after fighting for the British during the American Revolution.

Julie

"Hart, Bob - Global IT" <> wrote:
Necia-

Before you spend signifcant time on Theophilus, would you like a copy of the deed of around 1680 where Theophilus sold the land in Virginia "where he liveth or lately lived" to Robert Beverly?

This is the last deed known to have been signed by Theophilus in Virginia, and is good evidence for his move to the colony of Rhode Island about this time.

I can scan it and send it along if it might help you come to a conclusion about James one way or another.

Bob
Vienna, Virginia