WHISLER-L Archives

Archiver > WHISLER > 2007-10 > 1192418043

From: ,
Subject: [WHISLER] In search of adoptive family history...PLEASE HELP
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 03:14:11 -0000

Author: lanensalem
Surnames: Whisler, Cox, Maple, Gilmore, Gumbert, Lane
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.whisler/192/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I am a an adoptee. My name is Philip Lane. My birth given name is Herman Eugene Gilmore. I am trying to locate as much info on my biliogical family tree as possible to get to know who I really am and what to tell my 11 month old son and 9 year old daughter what their heritage is. This is what I know so far. Father: Ovide Lee Gilmore, JR
Paternal Grandfather: Ovide Lee Gilmore married to Mary Gumbert Gilmore
Paternal Great Grandfather: George Mack Gilmore married Opal Inez Imhoof
Paternal Great Great Grandfather: ?

Somewhere along the lineage on my grandmothers side of the family (Gumberts) is the surname of Cox and Maple. What I know is that the Cox and Maples where Indians...supposably Cherokee. According to my grandmother, her great great great grandmother was married to a Cheif Whisler. Has anyone ANY info of Cox and Maple or any Whislers being cheifs of any tribe.

Important Note: