WHITE-L Archives

Archiver > WHITE > 2005-05 > 1117501912

From: "David L. Casey" <>
Subject: Re: James Marion White
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:11:52 -0500

Well, I somehow doubt this is the same James Marion White, but I have a
James Marion White in my ancestry...and he's from Georgia.

My James Marion White was born Sep. 17, 1852 in Stewart Co., Georgia to
parents Anderson White and Martha Harper White. Anderson, born abt. 1815 in
Ashley Co., NC died in Dec. 1854 in Stewart Co., GA. Anderson was a son of
James Taylor White, b. 1785-1789, perhaps in England.

James Marion White immigrated to Texas in 1881 (Wood Co., TX) and had
married Lucy Ann Holt back in Stewart Co., GA before the migration. They
had 11 children, most of which survived into adulthood. Their daughter
Susie Agnes White, b. 1888 in Wood Co., TX was my great-grandmother.

There was another James Marion White in this family, born in 1880 (Aug. 28)
in Wood Co., TX, but he was a son of James R. White, who in turn was a son
of Edward White, a brother of the aforementioned Anderson White. Both men
had James Taylor White as a common ancestor...I suspect the younger James
Marion White was named for his cousin (1st cousin once removed) James Marion
White b. 1852.

>From your original post, I doubt this is the same James Marion White you
seek, but thought I'd write back and let you know about my Whites.

My website at http://white.casey-genealogy.com should have some of this info
in a graphic format for you to look at, and please let me know if I can be
of further help.

DLC
Casey-Genealogy.com

PS, I believe you and I (Pat Mims) have communicated before since you appear
in my address book...sorry if this was redundant...I get Email from lots of
folks and can't always remember prior communications!