WHITLOW-L Archives

Archiver > WHITLOW > 2009-07 > 1248293210

From: Linda Morris <>
Subject: Re: [WHITLOW] WHITLOW Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:06:50 -0700 (PDT)

I intended to add one more piece of info that makes me think this is the right family.  On the 1850 census C. L. Whitlow's family is listed [definitely my ggg grandparents] with E. F. Whitlow, age 18, as a laborer. I figure it must have been Eyre (or Ezra) Forrest.  T. J. Fouts, who is Maria's brother, was also listed as a laborer.

I also found Coleman H. Whitlow m. Henrietta, with several children, three of whom are named Granville, Amanda and Forrest.  Too much of a coincidence in my mind.

Later, Forrrest Whitlow, Henderson's son, married Angeline Raborn. Maria Theresa married Sampson Raborn after Criswell died.  Again, far too many "coincidences" and most of them are from Hardin Co., TN at one time; so I'm thinking it has to be the same family.

I do wish I could see some kind of document that proves it.

Only a genealogist regards a step backwards as progress.