WHITNEY-L Archives

Archiver > WHITNEY > 1997-03 > 0858359192

From: Jerry McClure <>
Subject: WHITNEY IN NC
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:06:32 -0600

Elijah WHITNEY was born November 7, 1816, in Randolph Co., NC. In September,
1840, he married Elizabeth MOON and had three children: William H., Joseph
J. and Mary Ann. Following Elizabeth's death, he married Ruth Ann McManus COX
in Oct 1849, and had the following children: Charlotte J., Sarah E., Ruben
H., Martha L., Margaret J., Jesse F., Irene I., Louzena P., Lovena A., and
John T.
In 1869, the family moved to Douglas Co., KS, and in 1876 to Benton Co., AR,
where they remained. We do not know Elijah's parents or ancestry and would
appreciate any information. We will be glad to share information about
Elijah's family and descendants.

This thread: