WHITNEY-L Archives

Archiver > WHITNEY > 2002-03 > 1015277133

From: "Cozzens, Lisa" <>
Subject: [WHITNEY-L] Daniel and Jesse Whitney
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:25:33 -0500

Hello to all,

I am new to this list as of today. I am looking for my great great great grand parents, Daniel Whitney and ?.

The information I have thus far is, in reverse order:
Marjorie A. Wilbur Lavoie, still living, my grand mother.

Her mother was Lila Mae Whitney, born 9/19/1904 in Weld Maine, died 5/6/1925 in Rumford, ME, is buried in Farrington Morton Cemetery in Mexico Me. She was married to Willis Carl Wilbur. They were married on 1/6/1921 in Rumford, ME.

Lila's parents were Jesse Whitney, born around 3/8/1870 - 1875 in Kingman, ME. (I'm still waiting for a copy of the birth certificate). He died 3/20/1928 and is buried in Farrington Morton Cemetery in Mexico, ME. He married Grace Whitney who was born about June 1, 1876 in Lincoln, ME, and died 12/27/1935 in Mexico, ME, is buried in Farrington Morton Cemetery in Mexico, ME. There were a total of 6 children, all girls. (Whitney is also Grace's maiden name as well as her married name. This is another mystery).

I'm looking for Jesse's parents who I believe are Daniel Whitney, born around 1840 in either Wells or Weld Maine. According to the 1880 census of Kingman ME, he was 40 years old and born in Maine. His wife is a mystery. According to Jesse's marriage certificate his mother was Jane White who was deceased as of 1895 when he got married. The 1880 census of Kingman ME shows that Daniel's wife is Mary.

Does anyone have any information on any of these people? I've gone through the entire web page (or so it feels) and haven't found anything on any of these people.

Thanks for the info,
Lisa Cozzens

This thread: