WHITNEY-L Archives

Archiver > WHITNEY > 2005-12 > 1133439589

From: Bill Whitney <>
Subject: Rachel Whitney
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:22:51 -0500

I sent this several days ago and it bounced.

Subject: Re: [WHITNEY-L] Rachel WHITNEY of Newcastle, NB

Robert;

Rachel Whitney 1860-1907 was the gr.grand daughter of Ebenezer Whitney and
Huldah Mooers of New Brunswick. She was married to Harry Brown as you noted.

As far as I know, no one has been able to link Ebenezer Whitney to either
John or Henry. He was born in 1747, probably in Maine and died in 1810 in
Newcastle, New Brunswick. His wife Huldah was born in Rowley, Massachusetts
in 1751 and died in Miramichi, New Brunswick in 1815. They had 12 children -
Peter, Susannah, Moses, Ebenezer, Huldah, Jane, Daniel, Samuel, Mary,
Oliver, Sarah and Edward. Their son Samuel was born in 1784 in Miramichi,
New Brunswick and died in 1869 in Whitneyville, New Brunswick. His wife
Sarah Young was born in 1786 In Saint John, New Brunswick and died in
Miramichi, New Brunswick in 1868. They had 10 children - Sarah, Moses, James
Edward, John, William Parker, Elizabeth, Peter, Edward, David and Sarah.
John was born in 1814 in Whitneyville, New Brunswick and died in 1882. His
wife Elizabeth Bouchart was born in Neguac, New Brunswick in 1817 and died
in 1906. John and Elizabeth both probably died in Whitney, New Brunswick
where they lived. They had 9 children - Elizabeth, Samuel, Sarah, David C.,
Mary Ann, James, John, Rachel and Howard. Rachel was born in 1860 in
Whitney, New Brunswick and died in 1907 in Manchester, New Hampshire. She
married Harry Brown.

These descendants of Ebenezer have, as you can see, formed a large
percentage of the population around the Miramichi region in New Brunswick.

Ebenezer's family links to my Henry line through intermarriages but it would
be great to find his roots before New Brunswick. His wife's line goes back
into Haverhill, Massachusetts so that may hint at John roots.

Bill Whitney

This thread: