WHITNEY-L Archives

Archiver > WHITNEY > 2007-01 > 1168490698

From: "Gail Anderson" <>
Subject: Re: [WHITNEY] Whitney DNA Study Update
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:44:58 -0700

Test

-----Original Message-----
From: [mailto:] On
Behalf Of Tim Doyle
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 4:52 PM
Subject: [WHITNEY] Whitney DNA Study Update

We've received additional results from the Whitney DNA Project! The good
news is that we're starting to see additional differences when people extend
their tests - and this information should help us to determine where other
people might connect in to the family.

We are missing information on the ancestry of the following study
participants, and this is hampering our ability to analyze the results. If
you (or someone you had take the DNA test for you) is on this list, PLEASE
send me that person's known Whitney ancestry. Thank you!

Missing Ancestry:
- Eric Keefe Whitney
- John Lenard Whitney
- William Curtis Whitney
- Robert Banks Whitney
- Clifton Everett Whitney
- Leonard Albert Whitney
- Donald Clinton Whitney
- Wheelock Whitney
- Mark W. Whitney
- James Whitney
- Philip Luke Whitney
- James William Whitney
- Willie James Whitney
- Floyd Gilbert Whitney
- James Luther Whitney
- John G. Whitney
- Marianne Straumfjord

NEW RESULTS

James Whitney
- Results out to 37 markers
- Descendant of John Whitney
- Unique value at location CDY b - no one else has this value here

Philip Whitney
- Results out to 12 markers
- Descendant of John Whitney
- Exact match to John's "signature" out to 12 markers

James William Whitney
- Results out to 12 markers
- Descendant of John Whitney
- Difference at location DYS 391 - only other person with this value is
Curtis Whitney

Francis Whitney
- Results out to 25 markers
- Descendant of John Whitney
- Unique value at DYS 449 - no one else has this value here

Leonard Whitney
- Additional results in, out to 37 markers
- New information includes a unique difference at location DYS 576 - no one
else has this value here

Curtis Whitney
- Additional results in, out to markers
- Descendant of John Whitney
- Unique values at
- DYS 391, only other descendant of John with this value is James William
Whitney
- DYS 446b, other descendants of John with this value are Leonard Whitney
and Jerry Whitney
- DYS 446c, other descendants of John with this value are Leonard Whitney
and Jerry Whitney

Marion Martin
- Additional results in, out to 67 markers
- Descendant of John Whitney
- Unique values at
- DYS 449, only other descendant of John with this value is Eugene
Whitney
- DYS 576, no one else has this value here (but few have tested out this
far)
- DYS 570, no one else has this value here (but few have tested out this
far)
- DYS 537, no one else has this value here (but few have tested out this
far)
- DYS 617, no one else has this value here (but few have tested out this
far)