WIDENER-L Archives

Archiver > WIDENER > 2005-06 > 1118512030

From: "Anne McAllister" <>
Subject: Fw: Wideners of McDuffie Co. Ga.
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:47:10 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Anne McAllister
To: Joe Widner
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: Wideners of McDuffie Co. Ga.

How great to reach more family. There is Isaac born 1725 in PA. This Isaac had a son Isaac Jr. Isaac who married Nancy was the nephew of the Isaac born in 1725,

The Isaac who married Nancy, was the son of Jacob Widner Jr. and the grandson of Jacob born c1723 and married Barbara in Pennsylvania. Jacob Sr. moved to NC and then to SC.

Peter Witnaur was born in either Germany, or probably in Switzerland c1680
Peter died in the winter of 1733-4 in Oley Township, Berks County, PA
Peter married Catharina Schneider, the daughter of Johan Heinrich Schneider

Catharina (Schneider) Wittner-Weidner - Weitn(au)er, was born c1690 in Germany, or most probably Switzerland. Her father was a great friend of the Rev. Samuel Guldi, famed minister in Bern.

The children of Peter and Catherina (Schneideer) Wittner-Weidner - Weitn(au)er

1. Barbara c1708-1795 born in Switzerland or Germany
2. Triffiana c1710-1720

3 Heinrich born in 1717 in Europe, died 1792 in North Carolina
Brothers Jacob and Isaac move to NC with Heinrich in 1750. Jacob married in PA, Isaac
married in NC. The land grants were large in NC, and the wives of Jacob and Isaac found it lonely,
and Jacob and Isaac and their families moved to Saxe-Coburg, SC. When the Cherokee burned out
the settlement in North Carolina, Heinrich and his family moved to SC and stayed with Jacob and Isaac and
their friends.

4, Peter, Jr. born c1719 in Europe and died in 1759 in Cumru Township, Berks County, PA. He married
Susanna Gitter and left 3 daughters.

5. Jacob Widner was born c1723 probably in Pennsylvania, as he never took the Oath of Allegiance, as his older brothers Heinrich and Peter Jr. did.
Jacob married Barbara before 1750 in PA . Jacob and Barbara were on a wagon train with brother Heinrich and his wife CAtharina Moll in 1750.

Jacob spelled his name as Wittner in NC and Widner in SC. Jacob died fairly young, before 3 April 1777 in Craven County, SC Barbara was still alive, I believe, in the 1790 SC Census. Widner is spelled Wydner or something similar. (have to look that up)

Children of Jacob Widner and wife Barbara:
1. John
2. Jacob Widner, Jr. married Barbara Wolf
3. Martin
4. Catherine married Joseph Ferguson
5. Henry

Jacob Widner, Jr, the son of Jacob Widner, Sr. and his wife Barbara, was born in either SC or NC and died in the spring of 1813 in Orangeburg District, SC. Jacob married Barbara Wolf, who died before 1800

Children of Jacob Widner, Jr. and Barbara Wolf
1.Isaac Widner
2, Jacob Widner, III

Isaac Widner, the son of Jacob Widner, Jr.and Barbara Wolf, was born between 1770-1789 in SC and moved to Early County, GA It is believed that Isaac Widner moved to Early County, GA between 1830 and 1840. Isaac's oldest son John stayed in South Carolina

John Widner, the son of Isaac Widner, was born c1802, stayed in SC. John Widner married Mariah Sizemore. His children in the 1850 Census. list their 7th child as your William.

6. Isaac born in 1725 in Roxborough Township, Philadelphia County, PA. After the death of his grandfather, Johan Heinrich Schneider in 1725 in Roxborough Township, Peter and Catherine and their young family moved to Oley Township, Berks County, PA

Isaac led a wagon train to North Carolina to his brother Heinrich's home in North Carolina. Isaac married in NC. Oral history, which may not be accurate, said that Isaac married out of the German-Swiss community. .

(This is Only guesswork from me. I have thought about Isaac's marriage a great deal. Isaac inherited land from James McManus and his wife Mary, and was the executor of their will. Isaac was also the witness for other deeds given by James McManus and his wife Mary to their children.I believe, or guess, that Isaac married a daughter of James McManus.

The children of Isaac Widner/Wittner, Sr. and his wife ( a McManus?)
1. /Samuel Widner - Nancy
2. Jacob (named for his uncle) Widner and wife Mary
3. Isaac Jr.

Your line of descent from Peter Witnaur and Catharina Schneider:

1. Peter Witnaur - Catharina Schneider
2. Jacob Widner, Sr. - Barbara _____
3. Jacob Wdner, Jr. - Barbara Wolf
4. John Widner - Mariah Sizemore

Now, who did William Widner, born 3 July 1840 marry?

anne