WIKI-GENPAGES-L Archives

Archiver > WIKI-GENPAGES > 2007-06 > 1182183426

From: Familytwigs <>
Subject: Re: [WIKI-GENPAGES] Genealogy Wiki site - The Genealogy Wiki
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:17:06 -0400

Thank you!
I think Wikis are still too complicated. Do you see them becoming simpler
to use as they mature? The site you sent is much more pleasant than the
WeRelate. I had not run onto it before, it must be very new. I personally
feel wiki is the way of the future. Making your tree interactive is the
only improvement really. I could see people adding the stories/history of
their particular ancestor and correcting or adding data to your tree and it
being fleshed out in a more personal and complete way. Being a CC to
several county sites, I know that most people are not going to put a lot of
effort into figuring out wikis at this point. It has to be more friendly
than it is now.
I am going to look at the site more closely, but it does at least look more
friendly:o)
Hope I'm not too old to learn new tricks!! LOL

--
Twigs (Sheri) ^..^
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~familytwigs/

This thread: