WIKI-GENPAGES-L Archives

Archiver > WIKI-GENPAGES > 2007-06 > 1182290943

From: Valorie Zimmerman <>
Subject: Re: [WIKI-GENPAGES] Genealogy Wiki site - The Genealogy Wiki
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:09:03 -0700

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 05:54, SouthPawPhilly wrote:
> Hi Beth,
>
> Thanks for starting this list. I am here to learn about creating a
> wiki as an addition to a webpage that I have had on rootsweb for some
> years now. I thought I would be a good way to allow my visitors to
> participate. Any thoughts?
>
> J. Asche

Have you tried PBwiki? It's free, and a good place to play around.

http://pbwiki.com/

I set up an account for the subscribers to my EmergingTech list, but it has
been surprisingly difficult to get people to log in and try it out. One of my
tricks to get people to fill out Family Group Sheets used to be estimating
the ages of the people a bit wrong, in pencil. They always came back right --
in pen. :-)

I have to think up a similar technique for the wiki, I guess, LOL!

Valorie

This thread: