WILKERSON-L Archives

Archiver > WILKERSON > 2012-01 > 1326295254

From: Beverly Watson <>
Subject: Re: [WILKERSON] Lewis Wilkerson of Granville & Person Co., NC
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:20:54 -0600

Charlie,

Thanks for all this great information. My gggg grandfather was Wyatt (sometimes Wiatt) Wilkerson who arrived in Granville around 1779. He lived in Granville until sometime shortly before 1800 for he is recorded in the 1800 census in Madison County, Kentucky. I have no idea whether he was related to any of the other Wilkerson families living in Granville County at the time because I have never been able to find a connection.

According to the will of Wyatt's brother Joel recorded in Logan County, Kentucky, their father was Frederick Wilkerson of Prince George County, Virginia. It does appear that several of the Wilkerson families of Granville came from the southside of Virginia, but still no proof of a family connection. The name "David" was used repeated in the Wilkerson families of Prince George and Charles City Counties.

For those who descend from the Wilkersons of Granville and might be interested, I have transcribed a lot of the Granville Wilkerson deeds and have submitted them to the Granville County NC GenWeb Archives at http://www.usgwarchives.net/nc/granville/granvdeeds.htm. I still have copies of quite a few deeds that I haven't transcribed yet, but I'll eventually submit them too.

Again, thanks Charlie.
Beverly Watson