WILLIAMS-L Archives

Archiver > WILLIAMS > 1998-03 > 0889305266

From: PaulMHMD <>
Subject: [WILLIAMS-L] WILLIAMS, William; early 1800's, NC>AL
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 16:14:26 EST

I haven't posted in awhile, so thought I would give it a another shot. I am
researching William Williams who came to Alabama c1820. He settled in what
were then Creek Lands, but later became Pike then Barbour County. He founded a
town called Williamston (no longer in existence, I understand). He was born
c1760 and his wife was named Elizabeth (most info from Marie Godfrey books on
early Alabama genealogy). His children included: Jarred, Sarah, William,
Braddock, Malinda, Council, Elizabeth, John L., Lucinda and maybe a "G."
Williams.

William's dtr. Sarah married William Bush and they were my ancestors. William
and Sarah Bush's son, William R. Bush was born in GA (per census), so the
family probably stopped off in GA, then moved on to AL. I have much info on
Bush's, but very little more on Williams. Any info appreciated.

Paul M. Hendricks

This thread: