WILLIAMS-L Archives

Archiver > WILLIAMS > 1998-10 > 0907735436

From: "Howard Busch" <>
Subject: [WILLIAMS-L] WILLIAMS - GA - AL 1800s
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 23:43:56 -0500

In a book I have relating to another of my surnames, these WILLIAMS are
mentioned:

William WILLIAMS

The first settlement in the territory that became Barbour County AL was in
1820, Williamston, named for Wm. Williams and other Williams who settled the
area.

Howell WILLIAMS

A member of Island Creek Baptist Church in Hancock Co GA c 1805

Hope H. WILLIAMS

A member of a grand jury in 1834, Barbour Co., AL
The courthouse was about 20' square and made of pine logs

The book has very little more information on these people, but sometimes a name
and
place is a good clue to where to find more.

Judy Busc

This thread: