WILSON-L Archives

Archiver > WILSON > 2002-02 > 1013448808

From: "John and Marilyn Stroh" <>
Subject: Re: [WILSON-L] DAR Info - WILSON/PATTON Family
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:33:28 -0500

Betty this is what I have on the
Wilson/Patton/McWhirter/Crockett/Thomas/Young/Cunningham names but in
addition we have a Wilson/Young connection in central NC., Sampson Co.

Robert Patton b. 1621 Ulster, Ireland d. 1832, Gibson, TN
m. Rebecca Cathey b. 1624, m. abt 1777 Buncombe, NC, d. 1828 Buncombe, NC

Children:
1. James Patton b. abt 1780 NC d. bef 1832 MS
2. Sarah Patton b. abt 1780 NC m. William Edmondson
[Children:
A. Rebecca Edmondson b. Buncombe d. NC m. WILLIAM YOUNG]
B. Alice Allie Edmondson m. THOMAS L. YOUNG
C. James Edmondson b. Buncombe m. MARY M YOUNG
3. Ann Cathey Patton b.1783 Rowan d.Gibson Co. m. Hance McWhirter,Jr
[Children:
A. Robert Patton McWhirter d. 1832 Gibson, TN m. Matilda ?
[only proven child m. SHADRACH "SHADE" WILSON d. childbirth]
B. Rebecca Catherine McWhirter b. 1810 d. 1831 m. Lindsey K. Tinkle
[dau Mary Rebecca Tinkle m. SHADRACH "SHADE" WILSON]
C. Hance Campbell McWhorter b. 1812 d.of Gibson Co. m. Margaret?
D. James Stephen McWhirter b.1818 AL d. Johnson, TX m.Mary McCrary
E. Sarah McWhirter m. Isaac Reager/Rager
F. Gene McWhirter
G. Elizabeth McWhirter b. 1823 m. Joel WILSON HARRISON
4. Margaret Patton b. 1785 NC m. Abner Burgin d. Gibson, TN
A. MatildaBurgin b.1812d.Gibson,TN m.Michael Isreal Edmundson b.Buncombe
B. Leah Burgin m. Michael Israel b.1801 Buncombe NC d. AK
5. George Patton b.1786 Buncombe d. 1840 Buncombe m. Nancy Patton
[dau of Aaron Patton unconnected Patton& Mary Magdalina CUNNINGHAM]
A. Marilda Patton b. 1813Buncombe d.Buncombe m.Leander Penland
B. James Leander Patton b.1814 Buncombe d.Buncombe m.Sussannah Merrill
C. Paulina Patton b.1816 Buncombe d. Buncombe m.Francis Asbury Byrd
D. Sarah Jane Patton b.Buncombe d.Buncombe .m.THOMAS LAURENCE YOUNG
E. Calvin Patton b.1819 Buncombe d.Buncombe m.Sophronia Alexander
F. Matilda Caroline Patton b.Buncombe d.Buncombe m.James Tarpley Pickens
G. Rebecca Serelia Patton b.1822 Buncombe d.Buncombe m.Daniel Wilfong
F. Martha Ann Patton b.1825 Buncombe
G. ROBERT CROCKETT PATTON b.1829 Buncombe d.Buncombe m.Mary Gudger
H. Bradshaw Patton b.1830 Buncombe
I. Lafayette Patton b.1832 Buncombe d.Buncombe m.Clarissa Hughey
6. Elizabeth Patton b.1788 Buncombe,NC d.Johnson,TX m.James Patton
b.Buncombe
[her 1st cousin s/o Elijah Patton & Margaret Cathey]
A. George Patton b.1810 Buncombe m.Rhoda McWhirter b.1815 NC
[m.Gibson,TN may be dau of Robert McWhirter & Matilda ?]
B. Margaret Ann Patton b.abt 1811 m. ___ McWhirter
Elizabeth Patton m. 2nd DAVY CROCKETT b.Greene,TN of Gibson,TN
d.1836 Alamo San Antonio,TX
[son of JOHN CROCKETT & Rebecca Hawkins]
C. ROBERT PATTON CROCKETT B.1816 Gibson,TN d.1889 Hood,TX m.Matilda
Porter
[m.1841 Gibson,TN]
D. REBEKAH ELVIRA CROCKETT b.1818 TN m.George Kimbrough m. 1839 Gibson,TN
[m.2nd James M. Halford in Gibson,TN]
E. MATILDA CROCKETT b.1790 NC d.TX m.Thomas Tyson
[m.2nd JAMES M. WILSON in 1851 Gibson,TN]
[m.3re Reddin Fields]
7. Matilda Carolina Patton b.1790 NC m.Peter Trosper of Gibson,TN
8.Rebecca Patton b.1800 Buncombe,NC,m.James Edmondson d.Bef 1850,TN
A. Minerva Edmondson b.1827 TN
B. Thompson Edmondson b.1828 TN m.Mary A.Trosper m.Gibson,TN
C. Elizabeth Edmondson b.1831 TN m. JAMES A THOMAS 1852 in Gibson,TN
D. James Edmondson b.1832 TN
E. Eleanor Edmondson b.1834 TN