WILSON-L Archives

Archiver > WILSON > 2012-01 > 1326650228

From: "Kevin & Pamela" <>
Subject: Re: [WILSON] Dee's Orphan Wilson's: Scotland>Ontario>USA>MI>FL>?
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:57:08 -0600

Hello all,

I cannot go back any farther than this on my Wilson line. Can anyone
help?

1. JAMES1 WILSON was born About. 1750 in Kilconquhar, Fife, Scotland, died
Before. Jul 09, 1818. He married AGNES FORGAN About. 1775 in Scotland. She
was born About. 1754 in Kilconquhar, Fife, Scotland.

Children of JAMES WILSON and AGNES FORGAN are:
1. ALEXANDER2 WILSON, b. Nov 08, 1776, Kilconquhar, Fife, Scotland.
ii. CATHERINE WILSON, b. Jul 16, 1778, Kilconquhar, Fife, Scotland; m. JOHN
ADAMSON, Feb 08, 1800, St. Andrews & St. Leonard's, Fife, Scotland; b.
About. 1778, Scotland.
2. iii. THOMAS WILSON, b. Oct 06, 1780, Cameron Parish, Fife, Scotland; d.
Oct 03, 1821, Eddyville, Caldwell Co., Kentucky.
iv. MARGARET WILSON, b. Aug 23, 1782, Carnbee, Fife, Scotland.
v. WILLIAM WILSON, b. Oct 18, 1784, Carnbee, Fife, Scotland.
vi. JAMES WILSON, b. Mar 05, 1788, St Andrews and St Leonard's, Fife,
Scotland.
vii. AGNES ISABELLA WILSON, b. May 07, 1790, St Andrews & St Leonard's,
Fife, Scotland.
viii. WILLIAM WILSON, b. Oct 11, 1792, St Andrews and St Leonard's, Fife,
Scotland.
ix. ANDREW WILSON, b. Dec 20, 1795, St Andrews and St Leonard's, Fife,
Scotland.

2. THOMAS2 WILSON (JAMES1) was born Oct 06, 1780 in Cameron Parish, Fife,
Scotland, died Oct 03, 1821 in Eddyville, Caldwell Co., Kentucky. He married
MARGARET NESS Nov 19, 1805 in Carnbee, Fife, Scotland. She was born About.
1785 in Carnbee, Fife, Scotland. Children of THOMAS WILSON & MARGARET NESS
are:
1. JAMES3 WILSON, b. Sep 08, 1806, Carnbee, Fife, Scotland; d. Apr 22, 1868,
Crider, Caldwell Co., Kentucky; m. AMANDA WYATT, Mar 11, 1829, Caldwell Co.,
Kentucky; b. Jun 28, 1808, Livingston Co., KY; d. Nov 20, 1878, Caldwell
Co., Kentucky.
ii. ESTHER WILSON, b. Jan 16, 1808, Carnbee, Fife, Scotland; m. BENNETT
CROUCH, May 11, 1829, Caldwell Co., Kentucky; b. 1808, Monongalia, Harrison,
Co., WV.
iii. ALEXANDER WILSON, b. Nov 27, 1809, Carnbee, Fife, Scotland; d. Jan 23,
1851, Caldwell Co., Kentucky.
iv. THOMAS WILSON, b. Dec 25, 1811, St Andrews & St Leonard's, Fife,
Scotland; d. Jun 15, 1865, Quincy, Hickory Co., Missouri; m. PERMELIA J .
RORER, Mar 09, 1838, Princeton, Caldwell Co., Kentucky; b. Nov 05, 1820,
Virginia or Kentucky; d. Nov 02, 1900, Quincy, Hickory Co., Missouri.
v. MARTHA WILSON, b. Mar 10, 1814, St Andrews & St Leonard's, Fife,
Scotland; m. ISAAC WILLIAM MCCOLLUM, Oct 06, 1836, Livingston Co., Kentucky;
b. 1814, South Carolina.
vi. DAVID WILSON, b. Jun 05, 1816, St Andrews & St Leonard's, Fife,
Scotland; d. Sep 13, 1893, Crider, Caldwell Co., Kentucky; m. NANCY JANE
CRUCE; b. Jan 06, 1817, Caldwell Co., Kentucky; d. May 30, 1879, Caldwell
Co., Kentucky.

vii. WILLIAM DUCKENDORF WILSON, b. May 03, 1819, Charlottetown, Prince
Edward Island, Canada.
viii. MARGARET WILSON, b. May 03, 1819, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.

William went to Missouri.

1900 census Fredonia village, Caldwell, Kentucky Household Gender Age
William H Wilson M Spouse Nora O Wilson F Child Frank H Wilson M Sept 1894
Child Rachel Wilson F Nov 1896 1910 Salisbury, Chariton, Missouri Household
Gender Age William H Wilson M 40y KY Spouse Nora O' Hara Wilson F 38y KY
Child Frank Wilson M 15y KY Child Rachel Wilson F 13y KY Child William
Wilson M 8y KY Child John Akin Wilson M 6y b MO Child Augustus Wilson M y 1m

I was sent a letter from a cousin recently with this little bit of
information that no one in my family has heard of before.

William Henry Wilson was a brother to Sumner Marble Wilson( my great
grandfather). They were 2 of the 8 children of Alexander Wilson & Nancy
Josephina Glenn. William Henry Wilson was born February 14, 1870 in
Fredonia, Caldwell County, Kentucky died February 22, 1924. The letter said
he was a lawman of some sort & that he shot & killed Obie Nabb March 27,
1908. William Henry ran for his life from what she was told. William Henry's
wife Nora O. I do not know her last name & children went to him August 8,
1908. The family does not know where he went.

Miss ANNIE ELRETTA WILSON Dies Tuesday Severe Burns Suffered From Fall In
Front of Fireplace Causes Demise First degree burns, suffered when her
clothing caught fire after falling in front of an open fire caused the death
of one of Trigg county's well known and beloved citizens, Miss Annie Elretta
Wilson. She died at 3:13 a.m. Miss Wilson was born in Caldwell county, near
Crider, on April 24 1864, the daughter of Pauline Guess Wilson of Caldwell
county and Alexander Wilson, a native of St. Andrews, Scotland. Very early
in life she joined with the Presbyterian Church, and upon moving to Trigg
county, there being no church of her faith she joined the Cadiz Methodist
Church . Throughout her membership with the Methodist Church she was very
active in all its work, and especially in the Women's Society for Christian
Service. She continued her activity in this work until ill health confined
her to her home. Soon after moving to Cadiz she became an active member of
the Glenn and Wilson Mercantile business, a leading firm of the city at that
time. She continued in this capacity until ill health forced her retirement.
Funeral services were held Tuesday afternoon at 4 p.m. at the Cadiz
Methodist Church, her pastor, rev. T.C. Morrison officiated. Burial was made
at East End Cemetery. Music for the services was in charge of the church
choir. Surviving are her sister, Mrs. M.W. Goodwin, of Anson, Texas; nephews
Karle W. Glenn, Cadiz, James G. Glenn, Hopkinsville, Dr. Redford A. Wilson,
Tucson, Ariz., Nieces who survive are Mrs. W.D. Baker of Anson Texas, Mrs.
J. Noble Hall, Hopkinsville, Mrs. H.A. Browning, Anaheim Calif. Also
surviving are several great nieces and devoted cousins. Pallbearers for the
deceased were Shelby Street, Jesse Watkins, Bingham Stephens, Arthur
Banister, William Rawls, and C.L. Bruce. Among the out of city people
attending the last rites were Charles Wilson, Fredonia; Lawrence Wilson,
Wilson Glenn, Mrs. Logan Lowry and daughter, of Princeton; Miss Mary Guess
and Mrs. Herman Guess of Crider; Sumner Wilson, Pembroke; Mrs. Lucy Wilson,
Mr. and Mrs. J. Noble Hall, Jr.; all of Hopkinsville. Cadiz Record Feb 1945

If any of you can help I thank you in advance,

Pamela Morris Siemsen