WILTSHIRE-EMI-L Archives

Archiver > WILTSHIRE-EMI > 2001-02 > 0981146445

From: "Robin Holley" <>
Subject: Re: What is a Farm Baliff
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 20:40:45 -0000

Dear Susan,
The Following is taken from the Directories of Wiltshire,
1848 John Holloway was a Farmer in Sedgehill in Wiltshire.
1889 Samuel Holloway was a Farm Bailiff for Lord Arundell at Hazeldon
Farm, Warbour near Salisbury in Wiltshire.
1889 Thomas Holloway was a Farm Bailiff for Sir F. Bathurst at Whiteparish
near Salisbury in Wiltshire.
I did notice in the 1851 census for Sedgehill there was a family of
Holloways :-
John head age 47 born Warningcamp Sussex
Ann daughter age 20 born Shroton in Dorset
John son age 16 born Sedgehill
William son age 14 born Sedgehill
Thomas son age 9 born Sedgehill
George son age 7 born Sedgehill
Martha his mother age 71 born Donhead St. Andrews.
No sign of John Wife ?.

Robin