WINDSOR-L Archives

Archiver > WINDSOR > 2000-06 > 0960668016

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [WINDSOR] [CADI] Windsor Death cert transcription: Santa Clara County
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:13:36 -0700

Duane;
Now that is a really good question. I have been literaly doing this one
person at a time. This is a line that apparently has not been researched
and there is very little info on them.

My greatgrandmother was Ida Gladys Windsor b. 26 Dec 1881 in Spokane,
Washington d. 26 Feb 1926 in Redding, California and is buried there. She
was married twice..1st to Charles Richard Hayes and second to James McClure
Wilson who was part Indian. From what I can find, she was one of six
children of which the others were Infant Daugher 1875, William 1877, Melvin
1879, Erwin 1879 and Florence Gertrude b. unk. They were all thc children
of Joseph Windsor and his second wife "Sarah" his first wife being Emma by
whom he had William "Willie" Windsor b. 1866.

William Windsor b. May 1795 in Boone Co.,KY d. aft 1860 posibly in Lawrence
Co., MO and his wife Elizabeth "Betsy" Todd was Joseph's parents. They were
the parents of these children: James 1820; Joseph b. 1823 Switzerland Co.,
Indian d. 8 August 1903 in Spokane, WA; William 1828; Jackson 1830; Perry
1833; and Elizabeth 1836.

William was the son of Christopher Windsor b. 1750 Fairfax Co., VA d. 18
Oct 1805 in Campbell Co., KY. He was a revolutionary war soldier and
married to Prudence Peak b. 28 Oct 1743/1753 In Fairfax Co., VA and d. 6
Aug 1848 in Boone Co., KY. They had the following children: Thomas 1775;
Elizabeth 1780; Mary 1781; Sarah 1790; James 1791; Jane "Jennie" 1792; and
William in 1795.

Christopher Windsor was the son of Christopher Windsor b. 1720/1721 in
Stafford Co., VA d. 1772 in Loudon Co., VA and was married to "Mary" who
died after her husband. They had the following children: John, Thomas and
Christopher in 1750.

Christopher b. 1720/1721 was the son of Christopher b. abt 1690 in England
d. 6 June 1735 in Prince William Co., VA. He was first recorded in America
in about 1717 in VA on a land deed. He was married to "Sarah" and they had
the following children: Ann 1712, Thomas 1714, William 1717, Mary 1720,
Christopher 1720 and Sarah 1725.

This is where I loose them completely. Have no idea where in England they
came from and have been unable to track them in their homeland. Children
info came from his will so I am not sure if the first two children are the
ones I found in Salisbury, Wiltshire Co., England or not. Don't know where
last Christopher was born in England. or when he was married. There may be
more children in the last few generations, but I haven't found them yet.

You said that yours were from Virginia c. 1735. I wonder if they are the
same family. Where in Virginia do yours come from.

Donna

This thread: