WINTER-L Archives

Archiver > WINTER > 2009-08 > 1250623130

Subject: Re: [WINTER] Looking for Winter's of Ontario
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:18:50 -0000

Author: ddoug07
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.winter/984.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I have viewed your Winter's data and have not been able to connect my line with yours. I have traced my ancestry back to William Winter born 1798 in Lower Canada. He and wife moved from Canada to Michigan USA between 1865 and 1870 to live with my great grandfather Charles Wesley Winter. He moved back to Canada, without Esther, where he died 1882 in Walsingham Twp. Norfolk Co., Ontario. He married Esther Ann Place about 1819. She was born 1802 in Osnabruck, Stormont Co., Ontario and died 1885 in Plainfield Twp., Kent Co., Michigan. They had 13 children of which a son Richard H. Winter married a Catherine Mabee in 1855. She was born in 1833 in Middleton Twp, Ontario.

If you have other data that connects our lines please contact me at .

Don Douglas -- Nashville, Tennessee

Important Note: