WISAUK-L Archives

Archiver > WISAUK > 2003-07 > 1059354311

From: Julie Edwards <>
Subject: [SAUK] Plat maps of Sauk county
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 21:05:18 -0400

There are 3 from about that time period.

1861 map of Sauk County, surveyed by Wm H Canfield -- gives lots of
location names and lay of the land info, plus homes of very early settlers,
tho not really a plat map. Need to know what township you want.

1877 map of Sauk county, published by M G Tucker -- is a true plat map.
Also by townships.

1896 plat map -- larger format.

Copies of townships or small areas can be ordered from the Sauk County
Historical Society in Baraboo, and are reasonably priced.

Julie

--On Sunday, July 27, 2003 4:03 PM -0600
wrote:

> Does anyone know of plat maps in the late 1800's to help this
> researcher?

This thread: