WLS-BRECONSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > WLS-BRECONSHIRE > 2002-01 > 1010339584

From: "Glyn Davies" <>
Subject: Re: ABBOTTS in Brecon
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 17:54:16 -0000

Dear Mary,

I do not know quite how to answer the question that you pose; it is slightly
outside of the normal family history type of enquiry that I get.

I have had a look at the Memorial Inscriptions for St. John's Parish Church
and St. David's Parish Church, Brecon Town but neither of them has revealed
any Abbotts being interred there. I have no others means at my disposal for
pursuing this line of enquiry.

The only suggestion I can make is for you to try and think back to the
period in which you visited your Abbott relatives in Brecon. Then check the
electoral register for that timeframe. I would then contact the local
newspaper(s) to see whether they have the facilities to scan their archives
for an obituary or report on the death of a railway employee named Abbott
within a given timescale. Failing that, if you have no living relatives
that can provide you with information to narrow the field of search, it
means a long haul of scanning through the PRO Death Registers. I have tried
the National Burial Index for England and Wales but Moses Abbott is not
listed.

I am sorry that I am unable to help you other than with the above.

Wishing you success in your quest.

Regards,

Glyndwr (Glyn) Davies,
Chatham, Kent, UK.