WLS-BRECONSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > WLS-BRECONSHIRE > 2003-02 > 1044300088

From: Kevin and Glenda Fagg <>
Subject: Llanelly
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 05:21:31 +1000

Hello to everyone
I am pleased to see the is someone else trying to do research in this area.
My g grandmother came from Brynmawr. Her parents were Joshua Davies b
Cardigan and Emma Davies b Llanelly, Brecon.
Emma b 04.10.1840, parents Benjamin and possibly Margaret.
Joshua and Emma m about 1859 and their first child was May Ellen (my g
grandmother). I wonder if the Ellen was name for the saint? She was
born in 1861

I found the information re Mary Ellen's birth in Tredegar (spelling?),
which is a little west of Brynmawr.

I have been trying for locate Emma d/o Ben and Margaret on the 1841 or
51, and a m for Ben and Margaret.
I would also like information on Joshua and Emma on the 1861. Mary
Ellen was born in October, so would not be on the census.

Does anyone have connections to, or information on these families?
Glenda
in hot dry Australia

This thread: