WOOD-L Archives

Archiver > WOOD > 2003-03 > 1047996650

From: "Rita G. Louk" <>
Subject: [WOOD] Woods of Frederick Co., Maryland and Kentucky
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:10:50 -0600

Rita here from Kansas. I am researching the following Woods' line. Here is
some info. It is NOT PROVEN at all. Again, just what I have gathered.
Any comments, corrections, additions, most welcome. I am trying to prove
that my Catherine (#10) is the daughter of Benjamin. In Benjamin's will, he
did have a daughter Catherine and I find her and Eli Sargent and Nathan
Newsom together in Pike Co., Ohio

Modified Register for Benjamin WOOD (Parents unproven)

First Generation

1. Benjamin WOOD was born about 1760 in Bourbon, Kentucky (Virginia). He
died about Sep 1815 in , Mason, Kentucky.
Benjamin married Lydia (Wood). Lydia died after Sep 1815.

They had the following children:

2 M i. Henry WOOD was born about 1783.

3 M ii. Daniel (David) WOOD was born about 1791. He died after Jan 1833 in
, Mason, Kentucky.
Daniel married Mary WELLS (UNPROVEN) in Mason, Kentucky.

4 F iii. Elizabeth (Sargent) WOOD was born 1 Jan 1785 in Mays Lick, Mason,
Kentucky. She died 25 Jun 1822 in Sargents Station, Pike, Ohio.
Elizabeth married Eli SARGENT on 14 Mar 1805 in , Mason, Kentucky. Eli was
born 20 Jan 1771 in , Frederick, Maryland. He died 24 May 1823 in , Douglas,
Illinois.

5 F iv. Nancy (Levet) WOOD.
Nancy married (Unknown) LEVET.

6 F v. Mary (Newsom) WOOD.
Mary married Nathan NEWSOM War of 1812, son of William NEWSOM and Marrgaret
(Newsom) SPEECE, on 25 Apr 1816 in , Pike, Ohio. Nathan was born Jul 1791
in , Campbell, Virginia.

7 F vi. Sarah WOOD.

8 F vii. Susan (Bailey) WOOD was born about 1800 in , Mason, Kentucky.
Susan married Benjamin BAILEY on Feb 1818 in , Mason, Kentucky. Benjamin
was born Nov 1793 in , Harrison, Kentucky.

9 F viii. Mariah WOOD.

10 F ix. Catharine WOOD (UNPROVEN) was born 20 Apr 1801 in , Mason,
Kentucky and was christened in , Amherst, Virginia. She died 13 Dec 1879 in
Lostant, LaSalle, Illinois and was buried Dec 1879 in Lostant, LaSalle,
Illinois.
Catharine married Samuel D. (McKillip) MCCALEB ) in 1820 in Piketon, Pike,
Ohio. Samuel was born 1790 in , Rockbridge, Virginia. He died Sep 1839 in
Caledonia, Putnam, Illinois and was buried Sep 1839 in Caledonia, Putnam,
Illinois.

11 F x. Lydia (Daniel) WOOD.
Lydia married James DANIEL on 1 Mar 1821 in , Pike, Ohio.