WOOD-L Archives

Archiver > WOOD > 2004-01 > 1073704075

From: "Kuczmarski" <>
Subject: Re: [WOOD] Wood Families in GA - Jackson County
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:08:30 -0600

Debbie and other Wood researchers, We are searching for the history of a
Richard Wood that showed up in Clermont Co., Ohio about 1814 and died in
1829. We know there was a relationship ( nephew or son?) to a Zedekiah Wood
b. 1801-03 in Virginia that also was in Clermont Co.. 1820 census for
Clermont Co., gives Richard 3 sons, which we have not been able to connect
with, but also shows Richard with 3 daughters, which were Anna Wood m.
Josiah Sloan, Amy Wood m. John Bradford Tibbets in Claremont Co. in 1829 and
Sidney Wood m. Stansbury Little in Claremont Co. in 1833. We just recently
found a Bigger, Jennings Co., Indiana 1860 census that gives Stansbury's b.
place as Virginia. Zedekiah Wood m. Lydia Smith in Claremont Co. in 1827. We
still don't know who was Richard's wife, the parents of Lydia Smith, parents
for John B. Tibbets or Stansbury Little's family history. Someone must know
these Wood family members. Many of the descendents of these families moved
to Illinois, Indiana in the early 1830's and later to Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa
and Missouri. Would like to hear from other Wood researchers that had
Virginia or Kentucky roots, with Wood families that came to Ohio, maybe
settled in Claremont, Brown or other surrounding counties early 1800's. We
would appreciate any help whatever! We just don't know where to search any
longer. Thanks, Carolyn