WOODALL-L Archives

Archiver > WOODALL > 2006-11 > 1164838964

From: Jean Garner <>
Subject: Re: [WOODALL] Your website/records
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:22:44 -0600

Jeff, thanks for responding to this question. Here is what I have on him.

John Samuel Woodall was born 19 Apr 1861 in Decatur, Morgan Co, GA &
died 19 Dec 1940 in Waltreak, Yell Co, AR. He married Lucy Ann
WILLIAMS, 23 Oct 1884 in Scott Co., AR, daughter of David WILLIAMS &
Lucretia PRICE. She was born 29 Dec 1869 , Scott Co, AR & died 26 May
1945 in Waltreak, Yell Co, AR.

In the 1900 U. S. Census, it states that they had 6 children, named:

Susan L. WOODALL, daughter, b. in Mar 1886

Mary D. WOODALL, daughter, b. Mar 1888 (my grandmother). She married
Ollie Cornelius MORRIS.

John D. WOODALL, son, b. Sep 1890

Lilley T. WOODALL, daughter, b. Mar 1893

Joseph W. WOODALL, son, b. Jan 1897

Ether P. WOODALL, daughter, b. Nov 1899

Also living in the household was John Andre, step-father, b. June 1826
in Germany, & cam to the United States in 1832.

Susan F. Andre, mother, b. Feb 1837. I believe her maiden name was UTLEY

Then in the 1930 U. S. Census, - Dwelling #42, Samuel S. WOODALL, head
of household, rents farm, white, 68 years old, married, married at age
23, can read & write, born in AL, father born in GA, mother born in TN,
speaks English, farmer, general farm, not a veteran. Lucy A. WOODALL,
wife, female, white, 60 years old, married, married when age 15, can
read & write, born in AR, father born in TN, mother born TN, speaks English.

So, I believe these are the same people, my Great-grant parents.

I believe John S. WOODALL's dad was Joseph. I am seeking information on
him and his family also.

What does BMD mean in your message? I hope that I haven't bored you.

Jean