WOODARD-L Archives

Archiver > WOODARD > 2011-12 > 1323361089

From: ,
Subject: Re: [WOODARD] Jacob Woodard; Marion County SCar 1800
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 16:18:09 -0000

Author: lilredgma
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.woodard/676.780.1.2.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Wow....You have been busy~! I will have a difficult time keeping up with you, but will try my best. I am brand new in trying to sort out the NC Woodards and I do not have much information. By the time I found out I am from Jacob Woodard of SC on GenForum I was too old to travel for my research.(I always preferred "on the spot" research but I am too old now, and handicapped, so I must rely almost entirely on the copy/paste method. Plus, had severe back injury this year and cannot sit at computer for extended periods of time~!) Until the GenForum queries, all I had was what turned out to be Jacob's son Henry Woodard.

Anyway, I will get off my pity pot now and get back to work!.....LOL

7 Feb 1789 Henry Woodard, at present of Wilkes Co, GA, his POA to "my trusty and well beloved father-in-law (prob step-father??) Benjamin Biard authorizing him to receive & recover all due him in Dinwiddle Co, VA, property due me in right of my wife Mary, dau of John Lyall, the son of Jonathan Lyall Sr, both dec'd. Wilkes Co, GA DB __ p__. (Lost my book & page number....Marj)

I guess you can guess where I went looking for my family.

My Henry Woodard/Woodward MAY have been just across the River in SC ca 20 years before this GA reference.

Date: 1769/12/02 Description: HENRY WOODWARD, PLAT FOR 100 ACRES IN CRAVEN COUNTY. Names Indexed: WOODWARD, HENRY/BRONHOM, THOMAS/MATTOCK, WILLIAM/GLASCOCK, WILLIAM/BREMAR, JOHN/ Locations: CRAVEN COUNTY/ROCKY RIVER/CEDAR CREEK.Type: PLAT...Series Number: S213184 Volume: 0014 Page: 00069 Item: 02

I want to thank you for the wills of Oliver & Joseph Woodward. I need to do a lot of studying, for sure.

Do you mean you are from Christopher Woodard 1735 - 1785 in Wake Co, NC?

I wonder if it is possible that the Joseph Woodard/Robert Smelly deed of 1752 could mean that John Smelly/Jacob Woodard/ (in 1762 deed) was John Woodard's son.

Have you ever heard that any of the early VA/NC Woodards who came from Scotland, say around 1700 - 1750?

I know nothing of the Jacob Johnson/Johnston of the DC deed. I have thoroughly researched Jacob Johnson in SC because of my RWS Shadrack Johnston of Darlington Co, SC (whose DNA is matching to a Southampton Co, VA Johnston). My Shadrack Johnson had a son named Jacob.

There was a Capt. Jacob Johnston in Rev War in SC. I think at one time he lived on Thompsons Creek area of St. David's Par of Craven Co, SC by 1764. I cannot find this Jacob Johnston after the Rev War. I am really good at hitting brick walls!

Later,
Marj

Important Note: