WOODLIEF-L Archives

Archiver > WOODLIEF > 2005-03 > 1112134135

Subject: Documentation needed to connect Capt. John Sr to Drew and Drew to his parents
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:08:55 EST

Ann, and all list members. Can you help me? In reviewing and polishing my
records I noticed that I don't have any specific documentation that connects
Capt. John Woodlief Sr. to his parents Drew Woodlief/Katherine Duncombe or
Drew to his parents Robert Woodlief/Ann Drury.

Will someone tell me what specific documents/information you have/use to
connect each to their parents?

I do have the christening records of Capt. John but it does not state who
the parents are i.e. 2/2/2004 from Ann Woodlief at
(mailto:) writes: Kathlynn, The research was done by Woodlief
Thomas in 1992. I have the sheet on the baptism which is the same as what he
has, titled Church of St. Peter and St. Paul-Dinton, Buckinghamshire, England,
27 December, 1584 "John Woodlefe was christened on the 27th December anno
predicto." (Anno predicto, means in the year cited at the head of the listing].

Also, from the Dinton Parish Register of christenings, marriages, and
burials found in the Buckinghamshire Records Office, Aylesbury (Microfilm M13/750).
Under the heading Anno Domini 1580 are twenty entries; John Woodlefe's is
the fourth from the last.

I thought, customarily christening records do state the parents, am I
correct? If so why wouldn't they be listed on his record? Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

This thread: