WOODS-L Archives

Archiver > WOODS > 1997-10 > 0875975787

From: Nola Gillihan-Webster <>
Subject: WOOD - Barren County KY
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 09:36:27 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Wood(s) Researchers,

I would like to contact the descendants of Jesse, William, & Samuel WOOD
that lived in Barren County Kentucky between 1808 and 1813.

One of these WOOD's or their children may have married Charlotte GILLIHAN.
Charlotte was born between 1790 and 1803 in the Carolina's or in Barren
County Kentucky. Her father was William Gillihan (Gillahan or Gillehan).
Her mother is believed to be Francis TADLOCK
that married William Gillihan.

Below is some information that I have collected on these families.
Please contact me if you have any information on them.

Thank you,
Nola Gillihan-Webster

Tadlock, James - Barren County Kentucky Will Book 1

Page 109, written 26 Sept 1808, probated Oct Court 1808.
Beloved wife Susana the land - all the stock, etc, etc - during her
life or widowhood. Remainder to be sold on 15 Jan next to highest
bidder, on credit. Farming tools to remain for use of family. Also to
be distributed between my children as they come of age: Elizabeth,
Sarah, Phebe, John, Lewis, Urana, James &c (more of them not
listed??). Witnessed by Gabriel Murphey and Francis (female)
Gillihan. Robert Kirby and John Pinkley named executors.
Inventory dated Apr 1809 (same page in will book) - appraised by
Nathan Breed, John Scott, Wm Howard and Samuel Wood.

Wood, Jesse - sett for Tadlock heirs - same

Settlement on page 220 for heirs of James Tadlock; William Wood
guardian of said estate. Certified by David Hardin, Nathan Breed,
Joseph Gist, dated 24 Nov 1810.

Wood, Wm - guardian for Tadlock heirs

Page 244 - Jesse Wood Guardian to Lewis Tadlock, Urania
Tadlock, James Tadlock, orphans of James Tadlock. Teste: Moses
Mitchell, Saml Marrs, Archd S SLoan, JP. 30 Dec 1812; closed 12
Jan 1813, returned Jan 1813 court.

William Wood - Guardian - page 245. 30 Dec 1812 - guardian for
Sarah Tadlock, Phebe Tadlock, John Tadlock, orphans of James
Tadlock. Teste: Moses Mitchell, Saml Marrs, Archd Sloan, JP.
Returned Jan 1813 approved.