WOODWORTH-L Archives

Archiver > WOODWORTH > 1999-11 > 0942515424

From: "John H. Brennan" <>
Subject: [WOODWORTH-L] Marriages at Cam
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:50:24 -0500

Here's another resend that I'm not sure you guys all got. I truly
believe that Walter was a Woodward when he came across and that his kids

were the first generation Woodworth and some of their English cousins,
for what ever reason, did the same. I say this because there are signs
of Woodworth in England after Walter's crossing, but those before are
such scribbles that you can't make out if it says Woodworth, Woodward or

Santa Claus! The Walter's that married Margret and Catherine might have

been our Walter's parents. The timing certainly seems right. - John

From: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/GLS/Cam/CAM-MARIDX.html
Marriages at Cam, Gloucestershire.
1569 to 1812.
Extracted from Gloucestershire Parish Registers, Marriages, Vol. VIII.
Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L.

Jane WOODWARD John WARREN 15 Aug 1577
Anne WOODWARD Christopher RUDE 17 Jun 1577
Thomaseen WOODWARD John MATTHEWES 17 Oct 1580
Joane WOODWARD William FORDS 16 Oct 1581
John WOODWARD Mary SEBRON als. Plom[er] 10 Aug 1584
Margret WOODWARD Zachary BROWNE 7 Oct 1588
Izard WOODWARD Thomas PEGLER 14 Oct 1588
John WOODWARD Cicily ELLIS als. Woodward 30 Sep 1588
Maurice WOODWARD Joane LOVEDAY 17 Apr 1596
Walter WOODWARD Catherine SOMERS 12 Jul 1602
Agnes WOODWARD Henry ALY 30 Sep 1602
Jane WOODWARD William WILLIAMS 14 Dec 1603
Walter WOODWARD Margret HALE 28 Jul 1604
Joane WOODWARD John TAYLOR 10 Nov 1604
Joane WOODWARD Frances HYTCHINGS 27 Jun 1608
Margery WOODWARD John DYRRIOT 18 Oct 1610
Alice WOODWARD Edward PAINE 22 Aug 1614
Richard WOODWARD Elizabeth PARKER 29 Apr 1633
Dorothy WOODWARD James SADLER 13 Apr 1695
Joseph WOODWARD Mary COB 9 Jul 1706
Richard WOODWARD Hannah LEWIS 5 Apr 1708
John WOODWARD Betty KITE 28 Dec 1760
Rose WOODWARD Thomas BALL 3 Jan 1772
Mary WOODWARD John BUTCHER 1 Oct 1787
Thomas WOODWARD Mary MANN 10 May 1791
Ann WOODWARD Peter BUTCHER 4 Feb 1792
Job WOODWARD Mary BULL 5 Dec 1796
Jonathan WOODWARD Mary FREAM 16 Sep 1798
Mary WOODWARD John TYLER 20 Feb 1598/9
Alice WOODWARD Richard BOX 26 Jan 1601/2
Xtian WOODWARD John HICKES 17 Feb 1624/5

This thread: