WOODWORTH-L Archives

Archiver > WOODWORTH > 2002-04 > 1018141635

Subject: Re: [WOODWORTH] Anson Woodworth
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:07:15 EST

I have an ANSON WOODWORTH, b. c. 1796 in Fenner, Madison Co., NY who d. 1850.
This is from the book, Descendants of Walter Woodworth of Scituate,
Massachusetts located online at <http://members.aol.com/netpotato/waw1898.pdf>;
.

Anson's father was JOSEPH WOODWORTH, b. May 28, 1758 in Lebanon, CT and died
May 21, 1841 in Conewango, NY. He was married to SALLY GOULD. Same source as
above.

Anson's grandfather, and Joseph's father was LEMUEL WOODWORTH, b. Jun 25,
1735 in Lebanon, CT and who died Aug 15, 1804 in Fenner, NY. He was married
to ELIZABETH HUNT of Ipswich, MA. The information I have on Lemuel came from
the book, East Kill Valley Genealogy by Olive Newell Woodworth.

Benjamin Woodworth, b. Jan 1, 1760 in Lebanon, CT and died Aug 5, 1842 in
Fenner, NY was another son of Lemuel and Elizabeth. He was the brother of
Joseph and uncle to Anson. I have Benjamin's wife listed as Zeruiah Allen.

You show Lemuel Woodworth's date of death in April vs. my records showing
August. Could you tell me your source for the date? I know that there are
some errors in the book, East Kill Valley Genealogy, and I would like to know
which date is correct.

Until later,

~Julia
Portland, Oregon, USA
http://hometown.aol.com/julial1957/

writes:

> I am trying to locate the father of my ggggrandfather Anson Woodworth.
> If anyone has information that they would like to share, I would
> appreciate it. Below is the information that I have that is solid and
> also show my Woodworth line.
>
> Anson Woodworth
> b. 9 Aug 1784 Fenner, Madison Co., NY
> m. 17 May 1806 to Sally Hutchinson b. 5 Jun 1790
> d. 3 Jun 1840 Fenner, Madison Co., NY
> Both Sally and Anson are buried in the Munger Cemetery, Fenner, Madison
> Co., NY
> Also buried in that cemetery are:
> Benjamin Woodworth
> b. Abt. 1759 ( Could he be the father of Anson?)
> d. 5 Aug 1842
> Benjamins' wife:
> Surviah ( I have seen alternate spellings.)
> b. Abt 1764
> d. 20 Oct 1837
> And:
> Lemuel Woodworth (Could this be the father of Benjamin and the
> grandfather of Anson?
> b. Abt 1734
> d. 15 Apr 1804
>
> My Woodworth Line: