WOODWORTH-L Archives

Archiver > WOODWORTH > 2002-04 > 1018552811

From: Loretta Kanelos <>
Subject: Re: [WOODWORTH] mystery Lemuel Woodworth
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:20:55 -0700

According the the Harry Rice Book on Joseph and Thomas Woodworth;

Lemuel Woodworth (son of Ann and Joseph 4) (Joseph 3,2, Walter 1) born
6-25-1735, Lebanon, Conn. Married 10-10-1757, Lebanon, to Elizabeth Hunt born
1-22-1741, Norwich, Conn., daughter of Thomas and Mary (Smith) Hunt. Lemuel
and Elizabeth had migrated westward from Lebanon and before 1790 had settled at
Fenner, N.Y., where he farmed. Elizabeth died 11-27-1794 and Lemuel Woodworth
died 8-15-1808, Fenner, Madison Co., N.Y., age 73 yrs.
Lemuel's family grew up under the disturbance of the Revolutionary War: his
sons, Joseph and Benjamin served as soldiers during the revolt. Most of the
children as they married, moved westward into New York state and settled at
various points, Auburn, Manilius and in the Catskills. (Harry Rice States) "
The record of the son, Joseph, as I have presented here has been challenged by
the D.A.R. Both as to his military record and his marital ties. An effort is
being made for a verification of the actual record. All of their children are
believed to have been born at Lebanon, Conn.".
Children:
Joseph b. 5-29-1758, Benjamin b.01-01-1760, Mary b.10-21-1762, Elizabeth b.
2-16-1765, Lydia b. 12-17-1767, Sarah b. 02-22-1771, Lemuel b. 07-15-1772, John
b. 2-23-1776, Anna b. 2-13-1780.

P.S. the Harry Rice books (2): Descendants of Thomas and Joseph Woodworth and
Descendants of Benjamin and Isaac Woodworth will be at the Woodworth Family
Reunion June 15, 2002.

Loretta Kanelos
Woodworth Family Association