WORDS-L Archives

Archiver > WORDS > 1998-02 > 0888341034

From: RDBILLMIRE <""@erols.com>
Subject: Wellerism
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:23:54 -0200

FOLLOWUP
Sometime ago I wrote to Bill Mitchell asking him about the phrase ' to
each his own, said the old lady as she kissed the cow. ' He put my query
on the list, but no one seemed to have an answer. One day, while looking
up a definition for another word I saw the word ' wellerism ' - wrote
Merriam Webster and here's the answer to my question.
The following is my letter to, and return letter from, Merriam Webster.

MY LETTER