WORLD-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > WORLD-OBITS > 2005-07 > 1120237608

From: "Peter_McCrae" <>
Subject: RAGUSE; Helen Marcie-6/5/2005-USA/TX
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 18:06:48 +0100

Helen "Marcie" Raguse

HELEN "MARCIE" RAGUSE, was born on June 25, 1913 in Sacred Heart, Minnesota
to Lena Sagness and Henry Thostenson. She graduated from the University of
Minnesota School of Agriculture and married Aurelieus "Gus" Raguse on
Christmas Day 1935, during a blizzard. The pair weathered the rest of their
storms together for 60 years before Gus died September 29, 1995. Marcie and
Gus were active members of Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd and then
Salem Lutheran Church. Marcie was highly gifted at cooking, baking, sewing
and otherwise caring for friends. Her last hours were spent surrounded by
her family, son Tom Raguse, daughter Marilyn Dickey and her son-in-law
Harold Dickey, and her grandchildren Jeff Dickey and Robyn Dickey Stewart
and husband Tom Stewart. When the last of us had arrived, she stayed with us
a few minutes more, and then left us to spend Mother's Day with God at 9:45
P.M. Friday, May 6, 2005. Though she arrived in this life nearly 92 years
ago, we would have gladly cherished more time with her. Marcie was
graciously cared for by the committed and loving staff of the Da Vita
Dialysis Clinic and most recently served by Dr. Peracha and Dr. A. Patel and
the caring staff of Triumph Hospital in Sugar Land. The family wishes to
extend a very special thanks and our love to her tireless caregiver Pilar
Salas for her uplifting and generous spirit to our whole family. We would
also like to thank her guardian angel Andrea Glenn. We invite you to join us
as we celebrate her life beginning with visitation at Forest Park Westheimer
Funeral Home, 12800 Westheimer Road at Dairy Ashford from 5:00 P. M. until
7:00 P. M. Tuesday, May 10, 2005, and funeral at 1:00 P. M. Wednesday, May
11, 2005 under the direction of Rev. David Roschke and Rev. George Aurich.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Salem Lutheran Church Building
Fund, 4930 West Bellfort Avenue, Houston, Texas 7703

This thread: