WORLD-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > WORLD-OBITS > 2005-07 > 1120692651

From: "Peter_McCrae" <>
Subject: POLLY; Charlie Ray-14/5/2005-USA/TX
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 00:30:51 +0100

CHARLIE RAY POLLY, LtCdr, USCG, Retired
Our father, Charlie Ray Polly, U.S. Coast Guard, LtCdr, retired, age 74,
passed away Saturday, May 14, 2005 in San Antonio,TX. Dad attended
Harlandale High School in San Antonio, graduating in 1947. After attending
Saint Mary's College, Dad, always patriotic, decided to heed his call to his
country and enlisted in the U.S. Coast Guard in 1948. Dad loved the Coast
Guard and dedicated the next 25 years of his life to being an outstanding
engine man. Until he became seriously ill in early May, Dad was eagerly
anticipating attending a Coast Guard reunion in Las Vegas. On April 12,
1952, in San Antonio, Texas, Dad married Patricia Belle Tomlinson, who had
known him since she was eight years old, thus beginning their life
adventure, which took their family to many parts of the world, including
Oahu, Hawaii, the Outer Banks of North Carolina, San Juan, Puerto Rico, and
then back to Texas. Dad will be greatly missed by his bride of 53 years,
Patricia Polly, and by his children, Sandra Polly Perea and husband, Amador
Perea, Jr., Janie Polly McCarley and husband, Dennis McCarley, Thomas Polly,
Sr., and wife, Teresita Polly, and Barbra Polly Kaberle and husband, William
Kaberle. The grandchildren, Amy Sarty, Charles McCarley, Daniel Yeager,
Christine Polly Boulware, Cristopher McCarley, Richard Robinson, DeAnna
Perea, Theresa Polly, and Hanz Kaberle, and their spouses will also miss
their grandpa tremendously. Dad will join his two grandsons, Thomas Richard
Polly, Jr. and Carl Douglas McCarley, who preceded him in death. Great
grandchildren include Xavier Gibson Polly, Thomas Richard Polly III, Austin
Boulware, and a fourth great grandchild currently under construction. There
are many other relatives and friends, too, who will miss Dad and his quick,
quiet humor. Dad's graveside services will be held Friday, May 20, 2005,
11:30 am, at Fort Sam Houston. A memorial service will be officiated by
Reverend Danette Howell at Rector United Methodist Church on Sunday, May 22,
2005, at 4:00 PM. Our mother asks that, in lieu of flowers, donations be
made to my father's favorite cause, Rector United Methodist Church, or to
the American Cancer Society. We will miss our hero! Sunset Northwest Funeral
Home in San ANtonio,TX in cahrge of arrangements.

This thread: