WORLD-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > WORLD-OBITS > 2005-07 > 1120774594

From: "Peter_McCrae" <>
Subject: KLARENBECK; Tunis Eugene-15/5/2005-USA/TX
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:16:34 +0100

On May 15, 2005 Tunis Eugene Klarenbeck, surrounded by his family, lost his
courageous battle with cancer in Austin,TX. Tunis is survived by his loving
wife of 50 years, Shirley Klarenbeck of Austin, Tex.; son, John Klarenbeck
of Albuquerque, N. Mex.; daughter, Elizabeth Klarenbeck of Seattle, Wash.;
mother-in-law, Elizabeth Wilde Riley of Austin, Tex.; two grandsons, Quinton
and Cody Rohrbough of Garfield, Tex.; two granddaughters, Victoria and
Vivian Green of Albuquerque, N. Mex.; sisters, Marian Miller of Anaheim,
Calif., and Pauline Jewell and her husband, Jim of Westminster, Calif.; his
best friends, Louie and Mitzi Mewbourn and their daughters, Melissa and
Shelly of Garfield, Tex., and many nieces and nephews and many, many
friends. Tunis was a retired veteran of the United States Air Force and
served his country during the Vietnam era. Every person that came in contact
with Tunis was greeted with his huge smile and a hug, his loving ways and
most of all his incredible sense of humor. He loved life with every fiber of
his being, his vegetable and flower gardens, but most of all his family. All
of us will miss him tremendously, but with lots of laughs and joy. A few of
his favorite sayings were, "As good as you are and as bad as I am, I am as
good as you are", "God loves you and I am trying", "I never felt better or
had less or wanted more and I'm going to get it". Visitation will be held
from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 18, 2005, at Cook-Walden Funeral
Home. Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m., Thursday, May 19, 2005,
in the Colonial Chapel of Cook- Walden Funeral Home with cremation to
follow. In lieu of flowers the family is asking for donations to be made to
the American Cancer Society.

This thread: