WORLD-OBITS-L Archives

Archiver > WORLD-OBITS > 2006-04 > 1144410624

From: "Peter_McCrae" <>
Subject: McCRAY: Mack McCray--d.23/3/2006>USA
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:50:24 +0100

Mack McCray

A 10-year-old boy who was shot as he slept early Tuesday inside his home has
died.23 March 2006 in Oklahoma City, OK

Mack McCray died Wednesday at OU Medical Center, hospital officials
confirmed Wednesday night.

He was shot in the head about 4 a.m. Tuesday by someone who walked up to the
home at 1132 NW 105 and fired shots into at least two windows, police said.

Homicide detectives confirmed they were working on the case Wednesday night,
Sgt. Fernando Hernandez said. The police department's gang unit also had
been working on the case.

"He could have been anything he wanted to be, had his life not been taken
away so soon," neighbor Tonya Brackeen said of the victim.

He was simply known as "Papa" by most in the neighborhood because he seemed
wise beyond his years, said Brackeen, a teacher and foster parent who lives
next door to Mack's grandparents.

"Some of the things he would say just didn't sound like something you would
hear from a normal 10-year-old," Brackeen said.

Brackeen said Mack's grandparents doted over their grandson, who was in
fifth grade at Trinity School in Oklahoma City,OK.

Several of Brackeen's foster children who were the victim's age would play
with him whenever he came to visit his grandparents, she said.

"He was just a happy kid, full of life, and he always got along well with my
kids," Brackeen said.

Brackeen said she couldn't imagine what could motivate someone to shoot into
the home of a 10-year-old boy but she feared the worst -- that a teenager
had mistakenly killed the boy during a shooting targeting someone else.

Brackeen said some teenagers in a nearby neighborhood are affiliated with
gangs, and she heard they had been in an argument with local youths Monday.

Still, Brackeen said, she can't imagine anyone turning an argument into a
cold-blooded killing. Police seemed equally baffled Wednesday as to the
shooter's motive.

No information has been released regarding a suspect or motive, and no
additional information was available Wednesday night, Hernandez said.

"Whoever did it needs to be caught," Hernandez said.

Members of Mack's family declined Wednesday night to comment.

Page 18 of 18

March 23, 2006
Im SO sorry you & your family are going thru this. Y'all don't deserve this.
PAPA, DIDN'T DESERVE THIS! You & your family are in my PRAYERS. THE ANGELS
ARE TAKING GOOD CARE OF HIM. WE LOVE YOU, LICIA & DAVID
Monique Wilson (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
I did not now this young man personally. I just wanted to express my concern
for you family. I will keep you in my prayers, and also ask my church family
to keep your family in their prayers. Look to God in these trying times, and
he will give you strength.
Alisha Brown (Del City, OK )

March 23, 2006
My prayers go out to the family of Mack "Papa" McCray. Family just know that
Papa is at home with The Lord, and at this moment he is looking down and
smiling, thinking to himself that I was loved by many. May God keep his arms
around the family, and family continue to love each other.
Tondelayo Randolph (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
I'm so very sorry for your loss of your child. Your family is in my thoughts
and prayers. I know this is a very difficult time and God will help you
through.
Kristy Lindstrom (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
My prayers are with your family during this difficult time. I never met you
or Mack and that is probably my loss. I cannot imagine the pain of losing
your child in this manner. God surely has a plan though and I pray that you
may find some comfort in His word.
Kay Ray (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. May God be your
strength during this difficult time. The Miller Family
Lori Miller (Edmond,, OK )

March 23, 2006
Although I did not know Mack, i too just had someone close to me pass away.
I would like to express my sympathy for your family and to let you know that
you are all in my prayers! I know that seems like anything but comforting
words, that words cannot express the pain you are feeling, but just know
that it will all be better soon!!! God bless you all!
Stacy Deskin (Yukon, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart hurts with yours.
Kelly Taylor (OKC, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know at this time our words of
sympathy is comforting, but prayer heals all things. I will pray for your
family and look to God for all things. God Bless You!!!
Shatora Bryant (Norman, OK )

March 23, 2006
My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. I am really sorry for your
loss as I do have three boys of my own. May God Bless You.
Myrtle Lee (Del City, OK )

March 23, 2006
Our thoughts and Prayers go out the family of Mack McCray
Plan Z Skates Team Manager (Pheonix, AZ )

March 23, 2006
The loss of your dear child is affecting all "Oklahomans." My thoughts and
prayers go out to you and your family at this time and I pray you will find
the comfort you need at your own time. May you find peace soon.
Vanessa Love (Dalhart, TX )

March 23, 2006
it has saddened my heart to know of your lost, I haven't seen pappa since he
was a toddler, just know that the family is in my prayers and that I love
you all very much.
Christy Davis (Atlanta, GA )

March 23, 2006
My daughter goes to school at Trinity and we are very saddened by Mack's
sudden departure. Your family has been in our hearts and prayers and will
continue to be. God needed an angel and what a beautiful sole to choose. I'm
sorry that it was so soon. May God wrap you in his arms and hold you until
you breathe again. We are so sad. God speed.
Marika (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
I cannot imagine what your family is going through right now, but God does.
He lost a Son too, and because his Son died and lives again, you can be
assured that your precious Mack will live forever in the wonderful place
called heaven.

March 23, 2006
I am very sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you and your
family.
Angela Rolen (Harrah, OK )

March 23, 2006
This just breaks my heart. What a beautiful, precious young man Mack was as
is every child. My condolences & prayers are with Mack's family & friends.
Sandi Pezdirc (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
Although I did not know your son, I know that he was a wonderful boy. My
thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Kim (Guthrie, OK )

March 23, 2006

jackie fuller (okc, OK )

March 23, 2006
What a handsome young man. He looks like he was a very loving child. Only
God knows the reason that he needed Mack to come and be with Him. Through
your pain, try to remember the good times, the smiles and the hugs. Our
thoughts and prayers are with you.
Tammy Zeman (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss. May God be with you in your time of need.
Charity Bussell (Ardmore, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine life losing a child. My
prayers are with you all. God Bless you.
Aleah Carpenter (Moore, OK )

March 23, 2006
We do not know your family but our thoughts and prayers are with you. As a
teacher and the wife of a police officer, we both deal with children
everyday and to see his young life taken way too soon is just a tragedy.
Just remember that God is now taking care of him and he is looking down
smiling at your family.
(OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss.
My prayers are with you and your
family.
Trish Smith (Chickasha, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so very sorry for your loss. May all of the thoughts and prayers
embrace you in this difficult time. Only GOD can comfort and heal during
these trying instances.
Mandy (Norman, OK )

March 23, 2006
May God comfort you & lift you up in this desperate time of need. Your
family will be in my thoughts & prayers.
Citizen of OKC (OK )

March 23, 2006
I AM VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. GOD BLESS EACH OF
YOU.
jerri (OKC, OK )

March 23, 2006
My thoughts and prayers are with your family. It is always such a tragedy to
lose a young, bright life. But Mack is with his heavenly father and is
looking down on his family with love and pure happiness.
Jennifer (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
may the peace of God that passes all understanding guard your heart and keep
your mind in this time of grief. God bless you and we the Set Free Church
Bishop Clyde Cook, Elect Lady Debra Cook will continue to hold you up before
God that his devine will and purpose will manifest at this desperate time.
God Bless you.
Bishop Clyde Cook Set Free Church (oklahoma city)

March 23, 2006
My heart is so broken for you and your family. As the Mother of 2 sons and 2
Grandsons, I cannot imagine the pain and hurt you are going through. My
prayer for you is that God will just wrap his arms around you and give you
peace that only HE can give.
Sharon Kruse (Pauls Valley, OK )

March 23, 2006
My thoughts and prayer goes out to Mack MCCray and his family. "Weeping may
endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning" Psalm 30:5
NINA Sanders (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
I'm so sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with the family and frindes of
Mack.
Michael (Dallas, TX )

March 23, 2006
its sad to see a love one leave.
(okc)
March 23, 2006
I am so saddened by this news
lucy newby (kingston, OK )

March 23, 2006
May the Lord give you strength in your time of bereavement. Forever look
unto the Father, for all things, for He knows what's best for you. A life so
young, taken so soon, but Mack is in Heaven, smiling down on you. My heart
goes out to your family, and I'll keep you in prayer.
Kelvin Hicks (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
I help teach the children's church at Church on the Rock in okc, and I have
to say that Mack was definitely one of my favorites. He was always full of
life and bounce and just always happy! He had some great jokes and plenty of
awesome ideas. It's very, very sad to know that he is gone, but it makes me
happy to know that I will see him again someday. My prayers are with your
family, and know that God has used Mack's life to touch a bunch of other
lives for Him!!!
Suzy Wright (Edmond, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am very sorry for your loss. May God bless you and be with you, your
family, and friends. My prayers are with you.
Deena (OK )

March 23, 2006
Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul keep if I should die
before I wake I pray the Lord my soul take. Look up McCary family from which
your help comes from. I pray that God will bless you all with a piece that
surpasses all understanding
Michelle Stanfield (Oklahoma, OK )

March 23, 2006
Our thoughts are with you, God has a good looking young man with him now,
together, they will help you through these times of sorrow.
The Sawyer Family (Norman, OK )

March 23, 2006
What a senseless act of violence. Please know that the family of this sweet
innocent victim is being lifted in prayer. God bless your family.
So young...
Gone too soon...
M Lee (Edmond, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am sorry for your loss. This is such a tragic time for you and your
family. I am nothing but the deepest sympathy for what has happened to you!
Taylor Lay (Wilmington, NC )

March 23, 2006
We would like to offer our sincere condolences on your sudden loss. May God
be with you in your time of need and forever thereafter.
The Perez Family (Watonga, OK )

March 23, 2006
my pryers r with ur family, i am truely sorry for your loss.
trina robbins (okc, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry for this tragic loss. He is home with Jesus now. I hope his
family finds comfort in that. I pray that his family and friends find peace.
He has!
Julie (Norman, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am terribly sorry at the loss of Mack. I pray that the Lord will make some
good come from this awful loss. God bless!
Joseph Seals (Norman, OK )

March 23, 2006
The Lord has taken this baby home.
And you will see again in time.
Stacie,Alexis,Dakota Porter (Harrah, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandson. He is a handsome
young man and it is unfair that his life was taken so soon. I wish nothing
but love, family, and friends during this tough time.

The Dunn Family
Amy Dunn (Norman, OK )

March 23, 2006
What a sad, tragic event to happen to a youngster whose whole life was in
front of him. Life often seems unfair at times, but has meaning that we
cannot see at the moment. Our heartfelt condolences to the family.
Alan Mitchell (Duncan, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry for your family. We lost a loved one to senseless violence
also. It is comforting to know that our family member and Mack are in God's
loving embrace.

God bless.
Deb Ferrell-Lynn (Edmond, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am sorry for your loss. I have loss 3 children my self so I know how it
feel,God Bless each of you all. Rose (okc,Ok)
Rose (okc)

March 23, 2006
I am so sadden to hear of Mack's passing, and my prayers are with you in
this painful time. I was his art teacher at Western Village, and his
vivacious, outgoing and happy personality always brightened up the room. He
was a precious spirit.
Adrienne Day (Norman, OK )

March 23, 2006
We are sorry for your loss of this precious young child. May you find peace
in knowing our prayers are with your family. This has touched us all.
Alice & Dale (OK )

March 23, 2006
You and your family are in our prayers at this time of great loss.

May God be with you.
Frank and Jackie (Oklahoma City, OK )

Page 12 of 18

March 23, 2006
To the Macy Family
We the staff Cincinnati Children Medical Center,the hem/onc department Would
like to express our condolences and prayes on your loss.
Lynda Harris (Cincinnati, OH )

March 23, 2006
It is clear that Mack was a child who was cherished and much loved and that
you were blessed to have him. It is easy to see the sweetness in him. May
you find comfort in this difficult time.
Linda (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
Dear family,
The loss of precious Mack has left a hole in the hearts of each of us at
Trinity School. His smile and warm personality lit up the room. Today, amid
tears and hugs, Mack's classmates celebrated his life by releasing colorful
balloons up toward heaven. May God embrace you in his loving arms and grant
you His supernatural peace in the days ahead.
Trinity mom (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
I cannot imagine the grief your family must be feeling at this moment...but
wanted to convey my sincere thoughts and prayers to you that I am praying
for your family and I wish I could help in some way. He is a darling child
and I was so saddened upon learning that he had passed away.
Kini (OKC, OK )

March 23, 2006
It breaks my heart, I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how difficult a time
this must be for the family & love ones of Mack McCray. Try to be strong, &
put your faith in god. We as a nation grieve with you. You'll are in my
thoughts & prayers, god bless you.
Darris Jones (Columbia, MO )

March 23, 2006
Our deepest sympathy and prayers are with you. Lift your eyes up to the
hills from where all your help & strength comes from, and there you will
find it. We will be sure to keep your family in our prayers. God Bless You
All...
The Reed Family (OKC, OK )

March 23, 2006
I,m sorry for your lost my the lord Jesus be with you at this time
Gene Kelly (OklahomaCity, OK )

March 23, 2006
I'm so sorry for your lost. You can tell from his picture that he was a very
bright child.
Craig Divelbiss (Minco, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am terribly sorry about Mack. I'll pray for the McCray family.

God Bless
Ashlee Bullock (okc, OK )

March 23, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss. It's a loss for me too. I knew Mack from
Western Village Academy. It was 2001 when I worked there. I was a reading
tutor and Mack was one of my absolute favorite kids. He was so sweet and
sensitive. He never chimed in when all the other boys in his class would
make fun of others, he always had the brightest smile for me when I walked
in the door. I loved your son. We had nicknames for each other. I would
always call him Macaroni and he'd call me Cheese. He was the best part of my
days there. I am so sorry that this happened. He will be sorely missed. I
found a picture that was taken of Mack and I. If you would like a copy sent
to you, feel free to email me at . My prayers are
with you.
Rianna Schofield (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
We are Youth Pastors at Church on the Rock. Mack was exceptional, bright,
funny and an absolute joy to be around. Right before our Christmas program
last year he wanted to dance in a group we were getting together. I told him
we were doing sign language and he probably wouldn't enjoy it. He wrote down
his number for me to call his mom with the details. I repeated myself and he
said to just give him a call and we can "get it on"! I remember asking him
about his braids, having long hair and how much he loved to dance. My
daughter is 10 and was in the same class with Mack. We stayed up talking
about her memories as well. We are saddened to hear of his passing. He was
so special. He will be greatly missed. Our prayers go out to his family.
Jason and Elvira Smith (OKC, OK )

March 24, 2006
I don't know your Family, but I want to say that I am very sorry for your
loss. I can't imagine loosing a child at a young and tender age...I use to
live in Oklahoma City 3 years ago, around the same area. I read the story on
the internet...All I can say is to be strong, & "KEEP YOUR FAITH IN
GOD"...He'll see you through it...I saw his pictures, and he had a beauiful
smile.
Wanda Stanton (Washington, DC )

March 24, 2006
I am sorry of what happened to Mack. I am praying for the McCray family.
Ashley age 9 (Del City, OK )

March 23, 2006
My deepest sympathy for you and your family. I know you are in great pain
and I am so sorry for your loss.
Marsha Widener (Okla. City, OK )

March 23, 2006
May god bless Mack
Dennis Caplinger (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 23, 2006
I didn't get to see you much but I know I will see you again someday,as long
as I live right. Because you was kind,nice,I will mis you.D.J.
David Plunkett (Okc, OK )

March 23, 2006
Alicia my heart goes out to you and your family. Alicia,he is the God of
wholeness and restoration.In time God will renew your strenght,God
specializes in things fresh,Papa has met his maker,for a job well done he
will be rewarded for his good works.May God bless all of you that mourn the
lost of Papa. Dena (okc)
Dena Plunkett (Okc, OK )

March 23, 2006
At my place of employment, we were all saddened to hear of your loss. We
send our condolensces and hope that your pain will turn to joy knowing that
he is loved and well taken care of in heaven. God keep our children as safe
as we can keep them. And when it is time for you to protect them, give us
the strength to let them go.
Cindy Crawford (okc, OK )

March 23, 2006
Im SOO sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Amber Sheppard (Norman, OK )

March 23, 2006
sorry for loss. let the lord be with him.
ron cole (oklahoma city, OK )

March 24, 2006
I'm so sorry your time with this beautiful child was cut short.
Cheryl Bivens (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
I can't even imagine what you are going through. The Swanegan family has
truly lost a great respectful kid, a loveable son, a handsome grandson, a
loving brother, a remarkable nephew, and a awesome cousin. I remember when
Papa was born. I went right over to see him. I know that he is in a better
place and it hurts really bad to see him go especially like this. I love you
all and we will all truly miss Papa.

Prayer - Almighty God, Father of all mercies and giver of all comfort: Deal
graciously, we pray thee, with those who mourn, that casting every care on
thee, they may know the consolation of thy love, through Jesus Christ our
Lord.
Shalese "Nikki" Swanegan - Lehman (Hutchinson, KS )

March 24, 2006
I DO NOT KNOW YOUR FAMILY, BUT THE PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE BOY IS PRECIOUS.
WE DO NOT ALWAYS UNDERSTAND WHY SOME THINGS HAPPEN THE WAY THAT THEY DO, BUT
GOD HAS ALL ANSWERS AND I CAN ONLY SAY, THAT GODS GARDEN HAS 1 MORE
BEAUTIFUL FLOWER IN HIS BOUQUET. MAY GOD GIVE YOU STRENGTH AND WRAP YOUR
FAMILY IN HIS LOVING ARMS. MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO YOUR FAMILY. GAYLE BROWN
GAYLE BROWN (LEXINGTON, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of such a beautiful young life. Just
looking at Mack's picture you can tell he was a joy to be around. My
thoughts and prayers are with you.
Linda Mandrell (Trinidad, CO )

March 24, 2006
Alicia and Family, I haven't seen you probably since you were pregnant with
Lil Mack, and my heart goes out to you at such a difficult time. I can't
imagine the pain your in right now, God is there for you so stay strong and
let the Lord fill you with his holy spirit and comfort you and your family
during such a terrible tragedy.. May God Bless you all.....
DODIE (OK )

March 24, 2006
May the Lord be with you and your family in your time of need.
God Bless You.
Renee` (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
Mack. Thank God for your precious life.
and being a true loving spirit.
May the angels of heaven greet you in all of the lord's splendor.
You will be deeply missed.
David Johnson (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
To Alicia and the McCray family. God allowed Papa to be hear 10 years , Papa
has completed what God had for him. He was gifted in puting sunshine into
peoples lives,because he was nothing but sunshine himself.Me and D.J. will
mis Papa.I will continue to pray for the entire family luv u keep
praying,and pray always. Dena,D.J.
Dena Plunkett (OKC, OK )

March 24, 2006
My deepest regards to the family and friends of this baby.
Vernona Dismuke (Oklahoma City, OK)

March 24, 2006
Dear Family and friends of Mack McCray our thoughts and prayers are with you
in your time of sorrow, may God be with your family.
I'd like to share this prayer with you.
************************************
Bless those who mourn, eternal God,
with the comfort of your love
that they may face each new day with hope
and the certainty that nothing can destroy
the good that has been given. May their memories become joyful,
their days enriched with friendship,
and their lives encircled by your love.
Amen.
Kathy (Meeker, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am so very sorry for your lost. Our boys were friends, And you our in our
family prayers. This tragic event has been a wake call for me personally. I
pray that Jesus comforts you and your family. God Bless, Kym, Christian (lil
Man) and Kacina.
Kym Maddex (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
The first time I met Papa, I knew he was a special child!I will keep all of
you in my payers.May God bring sunshine to you again.I know that he will,and
so do you. I pray you keep holding to your faith,and belief,this to shall
pass.He will renew your faith in due time.Bless you all. Dena
Dena Plunkett (OKC, OK )

March 24, 2006
Mack McCray a Child of God has returned to be with his loving Father in
Heaven. Though you had him for a short while, you shared the LOVE and
frindshid of a very special young man. prayers & loving thoughts go with
you. Love Stephen & Ella (okc)
Stephen & Ella Garcia (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
I'm so sorry for your lose, this young man looked sweet as can be! You and
your family will be in my prayers.
Brook (Lawton, OK )

March 24, 2006
My heart and prayers goes out the family. I'll keep you in my prayers every
night and day.
(El Paso, TX )

March 24, 2006
To the family:
He is the God of all comfort.
2 Corinthians 1:3-11
You don't know me but we are all servants and a part of each others lives.
Seek His comfort at this most trying time.
Joyce Hayden (Edmond, OK )

March 24, 2006
MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU. YOU HAVE LOST THE MOST WONDERFUL THING IN THE
WORLD. BE STRONG FOR EACH OTHER
AND JUST HOLD ON.
BEVERLY JOHNSON
BEVERLY JOHNSON (CHICKASHA, OK )

March 24, 2006
My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of loss.
Crystal (Mustang, OK )

March 24, 2006
Dear Family, I can't imagine the pain this loss has caused you. I began
praying for you the minute I heard about this on the news. I wasn't blessed
to know this wonderful child, but I know in my heart that he is dancing with
the Lord. I'll continue to pray that God wraps you in His comforting arms
and for you to remember Mack with love and all the joy that I know he
brought you and others. All that I read about him, let's me know that he was
a very special gift from the Father.
Benita Love (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
TYRONE, MAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FIND COMFORT IN THIS TIME OF NEED FROM OUR
HEAVENLY FATHER NOW AND FOREVER.

IN-CHRIST
THE AMBASSADOR HOUSE FAMILY
TONDA ANDERSON (OKLAHOMA CITY, OK )

March 24, 2006
Mack was a special little boy. He was obviously one of God's special angels,
and God wanted him home, and to not have to continue dealing with the things
of this earth. It's hard on those of us left behind, but we will see him
again, sitting at the right hand of the Father, I'm sure......flashing that
big smile!!
Tom & Katherine Goforth (Edmond, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am so sorry that this senseless tragedy has happened to your family. Your
family will be in my thoughts and prayer. May god comfort your family in
their time of need.
Shelley Crowder (Okc, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers in this time of grief.
God bless you all.
Yolanda Hoffman (Shiloh, IL )

March 24, 2006
I will be praying for you all. Marc is with god now and he is safe
Dusty Cozad (Sulphur, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss. Always remember that each and every one of us
have the strength that God gives us to survive. Stay stong in the Lord and
he will see you through.
Brent Taulbee (Edmond, OK )

March 24, 2006
My heart and prayers are with your family in this time of need. May God
bless your family and help you through this
Teri Jennings (Oklahoma City)

March 24, 2006

Bruce And Tiffany Scott (Whitesboro, TX )

March 24, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
May God bless you and watch over you in your time of need.
Amanda (Edmond, OK )

March 24, 2006
I love you and my thoughts and prayers are with you. May His Peace comfort
ans strengthen you always. Mack went to bed here on earth - but now He's
resting in the arms of Jesus.
TIFFANY BLACK (OKLAHOMA CITY, OK )

March 24, 2006
DEAR McCRAY FAMILY IM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS. BUT THINK OF IT THIS
WAY GOD HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYBODY AND A MISSION FOR EVERYBODY. HE NEEDED HELP
ON TAKING CARE OF ALL OF US AND DECEIDED THAT MACK WAS THE IDEAL PERSON TO
HELP HIM IN THIS BIG MISSION IN LIFE. ONE DAY WE WILL ALSO BE PART OF THAT
MISSION BUT FOR NOW HE NEEDED LITTLE MACK AND THE ONLY THING YOU CAN SAY OR
ASK IS FOR HIM TO WATCH OVER YOU. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND KEEP SMILING
THOSE BEAUTIFUL SMILES SO HE CAN SEE THEM FROM WHER EVER HE IS.
VERONICA RIVERA AGE 19 (OKLAHOMA CITY, OK )

March 24, 2006
It is hard to find words of comfort at a time like this. What a wonderful
looking angel God has with him now. I will be praying for comfort for the
family. God bless you all.
Lynette (OKLAHOMA CITY, OK )

March 24, 2006
To the family: Words cannot express my loss. My heart goes out to you and
the family. Papa will be missed beyond life's touch. God loves him and so do
we. Just keep praying for strength.
Joyce (Swanegan) Martin (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
To The Swanegan Family. Words cannot express the way that I feel for your
loss of this sweet innocent child. God loves him and so do we. Papa may be
gone but he will never be forgotten.
Joyce (Swanegan) Martin (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you and keep you strong. I will
continue to keep your family in my prayers.
Kennetta Mitchell (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
I can't imagine losing a child, but I know you must hurt. I will be praying
for your family
Oweda Curry (Sulphur, OK )

March 24, 2006
as a mother of 2, i cannot image the tremendous grief and loss that you must
feel. my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, and hope that
your faith in the lord will see you through this terrible loss. I pray that
you will find peace in knowing that your son is with his lord watching over
you now.
utana burrow (blair, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am so very sorry for your loss. I heard from news about what happened and
I keep pray for Mack. I ask God and Jesus for need to comfort your family
for faith. May God Bless to all.
Robert Mora (Del City, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Remember God is watching over you and he
has a plan for you. Although,sometimes its not what we want. I will keep
your family in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless you.
D'Lana Shawnee,Ok
D'Lana (Shawnee, OK )

March 24, 2006
may god be with youthrough this time; and may he comfort you in your time i
would say sorrow but we must rejoice that he (papa) has made it to heaven,
may god bless you and your family may he continue to make us smile in our
hearts
anonymous (okc, OK )

March 24, 2006
Sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers.
Sarah Tooley (Purcell, OK )

March 24, 2006
Sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you
Tina (Oklahoma, OK )

March 24, 2006
I know there are no words to ease the pain you are going through right now.
I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you. If there is
anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask. I have very fond memories of
Poppa, he was an extraordinary child. Love You and God Bless... Ray
Ray Ector (San Diego/OKC, OK )

March 24, 2006
So sensless. My heart goes out to you.
Private Private (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
We are truly sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you.
Newsome/ Swanegan/Cole (Watonga, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am truly very heart sick for your family. I'm so sorry for your loss. I
pray for peace for your family that can only come from God. May God Bless
your family!
Julie Howard (Yukon, OK )

March 24, 2006
There is so much this side of Heaven we will never understand. Please be
assured the the God who knew Mack before he was formed in the womb also knew
the day He would call him home. In God's time no one dies to young or too
old, we all die in God's time. Mack's time with you was too short, God just
gave him to you for a time, to bring joy, smiles,bring happiness to your
life and make some forever memories. God Bless you and hold fast to your
faith. Our hearts sorrow with you.
Ed Wilkerson (Dumas, TX )

March 24, 2006
I used to be one of Mack's teachers at Western Village. I remember his
bright, vibrant smile and wonderful sense of humor. I cannot believe this
horrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Love, Jo Ann
Jo Ann Clements (OKC, OK )

March 24, 2006
Our thoughts & prayers are with you're family. May GOD guide & bless you're
family through this difficult time.
Sincerely, The Head family
Angela Head (Moore, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am sorry about the loss of this precious child. May God bless this family
and watch over them in this difficult time.
Debbie Hague (Norman, OK )

March 24, 2006
I heard about your loss, and I am so sorry. You will be in mine and my
families prayers. One day you will meet again, until then just remember his
sweet face. You and your family are in my thoughts.
Christina Collins (Altus, OK )
March 24, 2006
Jesus said, "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be
comforted....Matt. 5:4" To you my dear cousins Lisa, David, Zee, Lonnie,
Andre and Anthony...
PAPA-you are forever with us in our hearts because LOVE NEVER FAILETH, it
can NEVER, NEVER be extinguished, instead it grows...Now you have captured
the hearts of millions around the world- nothing, not even this can separate
us from your prize winning smile or the love of our beautiful child whom we
endearingly call...PAPA
Love You,
Cousin Sharon
Sharon Carrethers (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
Papa will be missed by all of us! He was always so nice and mannerable. He
would be at his grandparents house across the street and when he would see
me he'd yell across the street saying "Curlyn, is Trey there?" Trey is my
nephew and they played together often. I loved Papa and I always will, he
was like a little brother to me. He's now way better off than we are....
with the Lord. I know he's looking down on all of us. I love you David and
Licia!!!!
Curlyn McDaniel (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
It is a shame that the world will never get a chance to know Papa. It puts a
smile on my face thinking of hearing him & his cousin falling out laughing
at themselves. He was a gift to everyone for the short time he was here,
that's how angels work, they bless you & then charge it to you to carry on
their gift. All my love & prayers to the family.
Erikka (Evans) Gage (Edmond, OK )

March 24, 2006
We would like to send our deepest sympathy to "papas'" family I know things
may be gray right now but just keep faith and God in your heart and he will
see you through this. He will never let you down.
crystal/antjuan samuels (okc, OK )

March 24, 2006
Blessed is the child who sleeps in the arms of the lord.
Dont cry Momma, your baby went home. God probably needed a PaPa for the
little children.
unknown

March 24, 2006
Im sending my condolences to the family and to let you all know that God is
with you and may everyone keep you in their prayers.
May God BLESS you with peace and happiness not sorrow because you will one
day be with your child
Ashley (oklahoma city, OK )

March 24, 2006
I too have a ten yr old son, and can't tell you I know how you feel to lose
your little boy. I just hope you know that there are many prayers and
thoughts coming your way. May God Bless you and your Family.
Diane Wright (Meeker, OK )

March 24, 2006
To the McCray family. My prayers are with you during your bereavement. God
will comfort you.
Chloe Oliver (Oklahoma city, OK )

March 24, 2006
Our Son attends Trinity and everytime I would see Mack he was always with a
smile and full of life. Even now I still see him and feel his presence, that
is how he touched me and I know he touched others. May God bless and keep
you in your time of need.
Todd ,Michelle and Michael Parrish (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
Thank God for the wonderful memories you have of such a beautiful spirit
Mack had. He touched the lives of many. May God bless you as you find
comfort in the precious arms of Jesus.
L Jones (Oklahoma City, OK )
March 25, 2006
i am a parent and yet i know what it feels like to loose someone and i just
want u to know that ui and your family are in my prayers at all timesa : its
a shame that people have to reunite on these sercumstances my GOD be with u
at all times and my he bless u
nakia MCNAIR (del city, OK )

March 25, 2006
May the good "LORD" keep each and everyone of you in his prayers. I'm so so
sorry. Mack was I beautiful child and he was loved very much. Your famlies
are all in everyones minds and prayers. Blessed be the Name.
Damita Madkins (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 25, 2006
My prayers are with you and your family. There are no words that would
express how strangers could feel so much pain for you during this tragic
time in your life. May God carry you through and some how heal your broken
heart.
A Mother Too

March 25, 2006
God be with you--- He {will} carry you through these times.. follow the
rightious path,
regina smih (okla, OK )

March 25, 2006
I am sorry for your loss. We lost a loved one 6 months ago to violence too.
Always keep GOD in your heart, because God is the only one who can heal your
pain. May GOD bless you & your family. You'll always be in my prayers.
ERAKA B. (BROWNSMILLS, NJ )

March 25, 2006
to loose anyone, hurts so much, but to loose a child is a pain that i cannot
even imagine. i'm sorry for your loss and i pray for your family. may GOD be
with you always.
jutasha mccoy (oklahoma city, OK )

March 24, 2006
Papa:

I love you and I miss you. You're a beautiful child of God and I know you're
rejoicing with Him up in Heaven...

My prayers are with the FAMILY. We're strong and we'll get through this.
Misha (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 24, 2006
May God be with you and your family during this time of grief. May His love
comfort you through all of the difficult days to come.
Nancy Sullivan (Edmond, OK )

March 24, 2006
I am sorry for the loss of such a wonderful boy, my prayers are with the
family, may god bless and keep you all strong at this time.
Betty (Sacramento, CA )

March 24, 2006
Sorry for Papa. I am praying for you. You are always in are prayers.
Dionne O. (OKC, OK )
March 26, 2006
Tuffy and Alicia Iam so sorry that this had to happen to are Little Papa.My
prayers goes out to both of yall.To my Little Cousin you will always be
loved and missed in are hearts.We will see you again.Don't keep them angles
too busy.Love Your cousin Nikki and Family.
Falonda Graves (Edmond, OK )

March 26, 2006
I didn't know Mack, but my son attended school with him at Trinity. He
described him as being a fun little boy. Needless to say, my son (now a 9th
grader) was devastated by the news. Our prayers are with the family.
Nicole Brown (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 26, 2006
I LUV U VERY MUCH I MISS U AND U WILL ALWAYS STAY IN MY HEART U WAS MY BEST
BOY CUZIN I EVA HAD I LUV U RIP 4RM TAMYRA
TAMYRA WALKER (Ok;ahoma City, OK )

March 26, 2006
POPPA I LUV U I LIKE THE WAY U SMILE SO I WILL ALWAYS LUV U WITH ALL MY
HEART RIP LUV QUICIA
TAQUICIA GATES (Ok;ahoma City, OK )

March 26, 2006
Pappa, we the Parker family will miss you, Easter is coming up and we will
miss seeing you at the Easter egg hunt or trying to out dance one of the
kids lol; Shayla, Saquanna, Spencer and Zenus miss you very much, but they
will remember all of the times you made them laugh with your dancing. To
Lisha, David, Uncle Lionnie and Aunt Zee we are here for you and know that
when pappa left us that Big Mommy and Aunt Pauline and all of the others
were waiting for him in heaven with open arms. we miss you pappa and will
always remember you.
Love your cousin
Vickie Jenkins-Parker
vickie Jenkins-Parker (Edmond, OK )

March 26, 2006
May GOD bless you throughout this tragic time in your life. During this time
family is very important!

Clouds

always remember
your voice, your smile your warm
embrace,
your joy in our hearts never can be replaced,
when times get rough,and the sound of his voice is missed,
step outside,picture the clouds give them a small kiss.
he isn't gone he lays above watching down below,
his head now rests at peace on a cloud like pillow,
life can be so short but love it lasts forever,
the world will remember you during all seasons and weather.
a cloud you are.
sharon ervin

we are here for you if you need anything. the times will get better.
Karen,karen,sharon.latasha,raliegh,johnny Douglas-ervin (Oklahoma, OK )

March 26, 2006
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Mack will be in the hearts of many
for years and years to come...
Brad, Shelley and Cole Evans (Guthrie, OK )

March 26, 2006
I am so sorry for your loss, may the Lord give you comfort and strength as
only He can do. I truly know the pain an emptiness that you are feeling at
this time, for I too lost a son at a very young age. We know where little
Mack is and he would want you to dedicate your life to Christ daily and be
found faithful so you can be together again. I pray that you and your family
will cast all of your burdens upon the Lord and you truly find peace in the
Lord. He said "The peace of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep
your hearts and mind through Christ Jesus." Again, I am so very sorry for
your loss and send my condolences.
A Mother also (Rush Springs, OK )

March 26, 2006
I would like to send my condolences to the family, when I look at his
picture he has such a
beautiful composure. I know he will
be missed by his family and friends
but just know that he is sitting on
God's lap as they make his plans in
heaven. May God keep you and yours
as "papa" takes his flight.
Vernice Malone (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 25, 2006
My prayers are with you. From a mother of 4.
Keli Burr (dibble, OK )

March 29, 2006
Our thoughts goes out to the family and all loved ones. I hate to hear
something like this, especially it being someone that I have watched grown.
May God bless and remember that the lord is with you and the family. We love
you, Dave and Alicia
Denesha Maxwell (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 29, 2006
ALICIA, MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. "PAPPA" IS WITH THE
ANGEL'S. WHEN YOU WOULD COME IN MY OFFICE SMILING, TELLING ME ABOUT
SOMETHING CUTE "PAPPA HAD DONE, I KNEW THEN HE WAS A BLESSING FROM ABOVE.
Anita Brown (OKLAHOMA CITY, OK )

March 29, 2006
Prayers to your family from ours. We will like to let your family know that
we are deeply sadden, and will continue to pray for everyone, with love from
all of Papa's cousins, uncle's, and aunt's in Colorado.
Lodene McCray-Turner (Aurora, CO )

March 29, 2006
I'm a good friend of Mack's father's family in Denver, Colorado. We want you
to know that the Flenoids are extremely saddend to learn of the death of
Mack III. Our sincere thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Pamela Flenoid (Denver, CO )

March 29, 2006
May god bless your family and may you all keep him close to your heart. I
will be in prayer for your family. Just know god has another angel that he
has called home.
Amber Freeman (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 29, 2006
I am Sorry for Your Lost he is in God's Hands now and I will keep you in my
prayers.GOD BLESS!!!!!
Natasha Barnett (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 29, 2006
Auntie Buffie will see you in heaven. You will always be remembered.
Valecia Barbar\McDavid (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 28, 2006
I am so very sorry for your pain, Give your pain to the Lord and he will
take care of everything. Pappa you are like a nephew to me and I will always
remember you.
Sherry Owens (Midwest City, OK )

March 27, 2006
My prayers go out to you from a mother, may the Lord keep you.
Sharyn Byars (Oklahoma, OK )

March 27, 2006
Pappa you will always be in my heart. I know you are in a better place now
looking down on your family. I know this is just a brief intermission that
GOD has set for us and soon one day we will be with you. MAY GOD BLESS!
Ashley (okc, OK )

April 5, 2006
My deepest sympathy goes out to the family on your precious loss. May the
love of God and all his angels embrace you and give you comfort in this
difficult time.
Anonymous (AL )

April 5, 2006
Mack, I know that you will never ever be forgotten. You were a good Kid, and
your family and friends will always have good, loving memories of you.
Family and Friends, stay strong.
Ashley (A-Ley) Mendoza (OKC, OK )

April 5, 2006
Family Stay Strong, Keep Trusting God,For He Has A Plan.Know That You All
Are Loved, And We Are Praying For This Family.Find Joy In Knowing That Mack
Is With The Lord, Walking Those Streets Of Gold. Joy Will Come!!
Linda"LuLu" Blanks (Oakhurst, TX )

April 5, 2006
Whether tragic or expected the loss of a child is most difficult. I loss my
15 year old son to cancer. It will be 2 years on April 18th. My heart goes
out to the McCray Family. Just know this, As my son was I am sure Mack is as
well; he has been ushered into the presence of God. God Bless you all. My
family and I join in with the many praying for you all.
Dennis Jenkins (Newark, NJ )

April 3, 2006
Mack, I will always love you Lil' cousin. I will miss you dearly, but we
will one day meet again in "Heaven". Keep on dancing for us. We Love you.
The Carrethers Family!
Brian Carrethers (Del City, OK )

April 3, 2006

Sheri Douglas (Oklahoma, OK )

April 3, 2006
It has been hard for me to come to terms with the lose of one so young, yet
so full of life. I know that the Bible says that all things work together
for the good, but I can't see any good in this situation.
However I am comforted by the kind words and sentiments given by people from
all parts of the country. I know that Papa is in heaven, and I pray that I
will see him again. Thank you all for your sincere regards.
Uncle Freeman.
Freeman Pittman (Oklahoma City, OK )

March 31, 2006
My deepest condolences to Mack's family. Mack and my son Jeremy were good
friends when we lived in OKC and they attended Western Village together. My
daughter Rachel was good friends with David, Mack's older brother. I am so
sorry for your loss. Mack was the cutest. Our prayers are with you.
Stephanie Edwards (Newberg, OR )

March 30, 2006
We wanted to offer our condolences and prayers to you and your family at
this time of loss and pain. One cannot begin to imagine the pain that you
must be going through right now. Please rest assured that if you take this
journey with the Lord in hand, God will help carry you when you need him.
Our continual prayers are with you and your family. Just remember, he has
earned his wings. God Bless.
Mike & Angela Lively (Midwest City, OK )

March 30, 2006
I am a member of Church on the Rock, and i help teach Childrens church and i
just wanted to say that i am praying for you and that i remember when Mack
started coming to church on the rock,and his bright smiling face and his
eyes that glistened with the love and glory of God was the first thing that
i noticed and since then he has had a special place in my heart ,he would
come tell me he wanted to dance to a new song , and when he got up to dance
he was not doing it to show others he was dancing for God!! Mack's memories
will forever be engraved in my heart .
Autumn Dery (Edmond, OK )

This thread: