WRAY-L Archives

Archiver > WRAY > 1998-10 > 0908980663

From: "D. Scott Dingler" <>
Subject: [WRAY-L] Henry D. Wray
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:37:43 -0400

I hope you can help! I have been stumped for several years as to who was
the father of Capt. Henry D. Wray. I am a direct descendent. In 1850 he
was Abbeville, SC. In 1841 he was in Camden Co. GA. He was a Captain in
the Indian Wars for which he received a pension and Land bounty in Polk Co.
GA. In his pension record it states he was born in 1810 Charleston SC.
D. Scott Dingler
WRAY-L Listowner

Name:Henry D. WRAY Captain
Birth3 Apr 1810 in Charleston, South Carolina
Death25 Mar 1873
Burial in Lime Branch Cemetery, Polk County, GA

Marriages/Children
1. Louisa B, LACY
Marriage24 Dec 1841 in Camden, County, Georgia

2. Drucilla DOWTIN
Marriage5 Sep 1849 in Troy, Abbeville County, South Carolina
ChildrenMary Anna WRAY (born 11 Sep 1851)
Melvina Dowtin WRAY (born 6 Jan 1853)
Eugenia Mildred WRAY (born 1854)
Lindora Theresa WRAY (born 1856)
Walter Albert WRAY (born 25 Aug 1857)
Laura L. WRAY (born 10 May 1859)
William "Willie" Victor WRAY (born 27 Aug 1861)
Marcelius H. WRAY (born 30 Sep 1863)
Eldron WRAY (born 1865)
Lelia Amanda WRAY (born 1865)
Sidney M. WRAY (born 7 May 1867)