WRIGHT-L Archives

Archiver > WRIGHT > 1997-11 > 0878399161

From: "Phillip J. Mitchell" <>
Subject: RE: Sarah (sally) Wright
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 09:46:01 -0600

----------
From: BOB GRANT[SMTP:]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 1997 6:00 PM
Subject: Sarah (sally) Wright

Dear Carol,

This is in reply to your email and for convenience I am copying the
Wright mailing list as well. Except for the Montgomery County
information, the following is from Carolyn Mitchell, .
net, and Sandra Nolan, .

Richard Wright was resident from 1782 to 1789 on Elk Creek,
Montgomery County, Virginia, now Grayson County. His will was
probated October 4, 1819, at Grayson County, Virginia. His children
by his first unnamed wife included the following:
1. Richard Wright, Jr.,
2. Isham Wright,
3. William Wright,
4. Mitchell Wright, and
5. Jacob Wright.

Richard Wright's children by his second wife Sena Butler included:
1. Susannah Wright,
2. John Wright,
3. Hiram Wright, and
4. Alice Wright.

Richard Wright's third wife was Sarah (_____) Wright.

Richard's son William Wright married Susannah Ingram and resided from
1787 to 1789 in Montgomery County, Virginia, and served in the
Revolutionary War. William and Susannah had the following children:
1. James Wright, born c. 1785,
2. Jacob Wright, born c. 1786,
3. Elizabeth (Wright) Richeson, born c. 1787,
4. Jeremiah Wright, born c. 1788,
5. William Wright, born c. 1791,
6. Andrew Wright, born c. 1792,
7. Sarah (Wright) Shupe, born March 15, 1793,
8. Lucy (Wright) Shupe, born c. 1801,
9. Abner Wright, born 1806,
10. Susannah (Wright) Sage, born 1808, and
11. Isom Wright, born April 12, 1812.

William and Susannah's daughter Sarah "Sally" married Peter Shupe on
December 22, 1814, at Grayson County, Virginia, and died about
September 14, 1846, at Council Bluffs, Iowa. Peter Shupe was born
about 1793, moved to Illinois on September 10, 1843, and died on
September 14, 1846, at Council Bluffs, Iowa. He served in Captain
Hail's Company in the War of 1812 and was a Mormon. There is a
booklet, which I have not seen, entitled "Peter Shupe and Sarah
Wright - A History" which tells their story.

I would be happy to exchange information on this family and look
forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Robert N. Grant
15 Campo Bello Court
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-854-0895

<Prodigy Distribution List>
CC: RNGRANT

Dear Bob,
I received this today and I hope that I did not confuse you in my former
messages. I have as the children of Richard Wright Sr and 1st wife as follows:

Richard Wright Sr. and 1st wife (SARAH?)--have a copy of a land purchase
agreement by Richard and WIFE SARAH dated abt 1782.
children:
1.Richard Wright Jr.
2.Abraham Wright m. Elizabeth Harper June 2, 1795
3. Rachel Wright m. James Carnutt February 16, 1884
4. Betsy Wright m.............Anderson
5. Sarah Wright m. John Jacob Kirk b. 1781 m. July 29, 1800 in Grayson
county, Va d. december 1825 in Wythe County Va.
6.Mary Wright m. George harper October 20, 1796
7. Isham Wright (NFI)
8. Nancy Wright m. Jacob Surgenor
9. Jacob Wright (NFI)
10. William Wright b. 1758 d.abt 1827 in Grayson county m. Susannah
Ingram bt abt 1760-1770 d. 1830 in Grayson county
11.James Wright (NFI)

Richard Wright Sr. m. Seney Butler September 17, 1800
children :
1. Susannah Wright (NFI)
2. John Wright(NFI)
3. Hiram Wright(NFI)
4. Alice ALLEY Wright(NFI)

NFI=no further info

The Mitchell Wright I am descended from was the son of Jeremiah Wright
and Mourning Fielder. Jeremiah was the son of William Wright and
Susannah Ingram ..William was the son of Richard Wright sr. and 1st wife
(SARAH?)
Hope this helps,
Carolyn (WRIGHT) Mitchell

This thread: