WRIGHT-L Archives

Archiver > WRIGHT > 2002-03 > 1015390955

From: Jenae Meinel <>
Subject: Re: [WR] Wright in Caroline & Dorchester MD/Jenae
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:02:35 -0900

Lisa, I must say all these Joshua Wright's are making me confused! But if you
are correct, then your Joshua, Sr. would be the grandfather of the Joshua I am
researching. I am assuming that your Joshua, Jr. remained in NC? Here is
what "Colonial Families of the Eastern Shore of Maryland" volume 11 has on
Joshua Wright who married Esther. The Wright's in this volume are all from
Dorchester and Caroline Co, MD. (by the way, you can purchase the book from
www.delmarvaroots.com, they also have volumes containing Wright's from other MD
counties and Sussex Co, DE).

Joshua Wright, son of Edward Wright and Martha Kennerly, m. Esther (unknown)
before 1770. Joshua and Esther were parents of the following children:
Constantine b. c1755; possibly Cannolly (Kennerly) shown in the 1790 Dorchester
census. (it also lists various tracts of land patented by Joshua between
1755-1773)
Joshua Wright served as private in the militia of Caroline Co, 14th Bttn, Capt.
Richard Andrew's Company, by 13 Aug 1777.

Constantine Wright, b. c 1755, d. 1824, son of Joshua and Esther Wright, m. 1st
Bethany Wrotten and m. 2nd Nelly Hurst. Constantine and Bethany were the
parents of the following children: Euphany; Joshua; Bethany; Levica; Nancy;
Cornelius; Mary; Jesse O; Kennelly.
Constantine Wright served as private (recruit),enrolled as part of the county
quota of the Regiment Extraordinary to be raised by the State for the
Continental Army on 25 July 1780.
******
Also, from "First Dorchester Families" by Calvin W. Mowbray
Joshua Wright, son of Edward and Martha (Kennerly) Wright, married 1st Esther
(unknown) and they had one son, Constantine Wright, b. c1755, and 2nd Sarah
Turpin on February 19, 1781 and no record of any children by the 2nd marriage
has been found.

Jenae

wrote:

> Jenae,
>
> These sound like my Wrights. Did you see the Will I posted on Joshua last
> week?
> Does the book you refer to below state that Constantine was the son of
> Esther? I suspected that he was from an earlier marriage. In the will I
> posted the name Cannady. It could have been Cannerly. It was the other name
> not clear in the will.
>
> Lisa

This thread: