WVHAMPSH-L Archives

Archiver > WVHAMPSH > 2003-07 > 1059247165

From: Susan J Gall <>
Subject: Re: [WVHAMPSH-L] early Hampshire history and Parke family
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:19:25 -0400

Wilmer,

Thank you also! Believe me I am aware of how difficult it has been
to pin down exactly where John Parke Sr.'s land was and other details of
his life. I am interested in anything and everything we can learn about
him. You can count me in, please, on that early Spring visit to the area
and there may be other Park cousins/friends/researchers of mine who will
want to be a part of this as well. As much in advance as you know you
will be going do please let me know. It will be wonderful to get to meet
you as well as put all our heads together on this search. I greatly look
forward to it.

On another note entirely (this is out in left field I realize) have you
run across in your studies any connection with the Arnold family in Old
Frederick/Hampshire Co. VA area with the Gough/Goff family? My ancestor
Thomas Gough b. 1645, d. 1726 married a Margaret Arnold b. 1671, d. 1758
- I have some vague information that they lived at least at one point
near the Rappahannock and King George Co. VA which I realize is way east
of where we are talking about but there is also family history that says
West Virginia - and tracking these folks down AT ALL has been difficult.
The only thing else I know about these Arnolds is that their daughter
Mary Margaret Gough married an Isaac Arnold 1685-1758 and his father was
said to be Thomas Arnold who was married to Grace Doyle. This Thomas
Arnold also had sons John & James - I know, how common can you get??? I
know this is a long shot, I'm just trying to find these Arnolds and have
been for years and thought you may have seen something or could keep your
eye open for the Gough/Goff name. Thanks.

I look forward to Spring!

Susan

This thread: