WVLINCOL-L Archives

Archiver > WVLINCOL > 2009-11 > 1258238128

From: ,
Subject: Re: [WVLINCOL] McNeely Cemetary Lincoln County names
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 22:35:28 -0000

Author: LSDavisLogan
Surnames: McNeely, Adkins, Huffman, Workman, Richards, McDonald, Barnett
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.westvirginia.counties.lincoln/2512.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi,
I'm not seeing any McNeelys buried in this 'McNeely' Cemetery. Does anyone know why it's called McNeely Cemetery??

I'm looking for my ggg-grandmother - Frances 'Fannie' McNeely's family. Fannie married Allen Adkins and they disappeared sometime between 1862 and 1870.

I've seen Joel Hager's Descendants of William McNeely
By Joel Hager May 17, 2008, but when it gets to Fannie's parents their names are not listed.

Fannie was 1 of 5 children who belonged to a son of William McNeely and his wife - Rebecca Barnett.

Does anyone recognize any of this McNeely family or know any of Fannie's siblings' families??
Her siblings were:
William McNeely m. Hannah Huffman
Joseph McNeely m. Martha 'Patsy' Workman
Samuel McNeely m. Susannah Richards
then Frances 'Fannie' McNeely m. Allen Adkins (s/o Elias and Susannah Adkins)
John Floyd McNeely m. Elizabeth McDonald

Any and all information on the McNeely family would be greatly appreciated.

Important Note: