WVMINGO-L Archives

Archiver > WVMINGO > 2005-08 > 1125089550

From: ann morris <>
Subject: Re: [WVMINGO] Mounts
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:52:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again Melissa,
Here is an email I received a while back.Perhaps it
will help you get started on your line of Mounts...
My grandmother is Dixie Mounts.I have glanced thru the
book,but have not had the time to go to the Lib. to
read a lot on it.You can't take it out and right now
it is to expensive for me to buy.
Also my Aunt Ethel was married to an Amos Prater,they
had a daughter name Ruby.Uncle Amos was married before
and I know of one daughter he had,but can't remember
her name.She lived in Michigan in the late 40's and
early 50's.Ruby was married 2x I can't remember the
last names'I know when I last heard from her she lived
in Va.and sent me a pic.She did not have any children
til the 2nd marriage.I grew up in Wilmington Delaware
and thru the years I lost contact with her.I think it
was Alexander Va.My Dad's other sister Hazel married a
Moses.Good hunting,please keep in touch and as I find
things I will send them on.
I live in Asco/Davy,WV in my mothers home place.I came
home along time ago to help mom take care of Gram and
the I took care of Mom till she passed away in 1994.I
am now 60 years old,to old to move anywhere else :-)
Ann of WV
Ann,
I have a book written by Cecil I. Cline called THE
CLINES AND ALLIED FAMILIES OF THE TUG RIVER REGION OF
KENTUCKY AND WEST VIRGINIA.

I find the following family:

Madison Mounts was the son of William Mounts, who in
turn was the son of David Mounts and Margaret "Peggy"
Cline. William Mounts married Mary "Polly"
Blankenship in 1838 in Logan Co., VA. William and
Mary are listed in the 1850 census where both are age
30 and they have 5 children at that time (ten total as
the years progress). Their son Madison Mounts was
born July, 1857.

And then on page 126 I find the family of Madison
Mounts:

Madison Mounts married Alafair Blankenship. They can
be found in the Pike Co. census for 1900 & 1910.

DIXIE MOUNTS, b. Feb. 1884
Floyd Mounts, b. Nov. 1887
Wayne Mounts, b. August, 1889
Howard Mounts, b. December, 1894