WVPENDLE-L Archives

Archiver > WVPENDLE > 2009-08 > 1250208806

From: Sherry Sowards <>
Subject: [WVPENDLE] Maus/Mouse
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:13:26 -0700 (PDT)

I am also a Hodam/Mouse researcher.  The children I have for Daniel Mouse and Eve (Spiggle) Spiegel are
Daniel Mouse 1773-1830
Elizabeth Mouse 1778-1866
Catherine Mouse Married a Carr in 1798
Phebe Mouse 1783- 1858 married  John Hodam II Dec 23 1819 at the German Evangelical Lutheran Church (Mallow's Old Dutch Church) at Upper Tract by Daniel Sherer
Phebe died Aug 13, 1858 and is buried at Hodam Chapel cemetery near Spencer, WV along with her husband John Hodam.
Adam Mouse
Michael Mouse married Phebe Harmon
Rebecca Mouse
  The wife of Daniel Mouse, Eva Christina Wolf,  had not been widowed before her marriage to Daniel .  Her parents were Conrad Wolf and Anna Eva Bitterolf of Spoek near Baden Germany.  Conrad Wolf had been a schoolteacher there before comming to America.  Anna Eva Wolf married Johann Michael Spiegel in 1732 in Germany and they came to America in 1737.  Eva Christina (Eve Spiggle) married Daniel Mouse in Va but the marriage record was also recorded in the church in Fredrick Maryland.
Eve Spiggle did have brothers and sisters.  Some of them ended up in Shenandoah Co, Va.  One of her brothers married into the Snapp family and I know she had a sister named Sarah Spiggle.  I have the info on her family somewhere, and could try and find it if anyone wants it.  I am a descendant of Daniel Maus and Eve through their daughter Phebe who married Johannes Hotom II  (John Hodam).
Sherry Sowards

     Sherry L. Sowards

This thread: