WVPLEASA-L Archives

Archiver > WVPLEASA > 1999-04 > 0924803189

From: <>
Subject: Re: WVPLEASA-D Digest V99 #46
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:46:29 EDT

Hi Linda
Since I am related to almost everyone in Pleasants Co. I am related to the
(Barkwells) All of the files that I have, has the name spelled with an E.
O. C. (Oliver) (Ollie) Barkwill married Anna Rea who was my paternal
grandfathers sister. In a piece that I wrote to you about Grape Island I
included a story about the family home at grape island a picture of which
appears on page 104 in the book. I have contact with the family and Johns
wife Peggy (Ruckman) also a cousin and now a double cousin had sent someon an
article about grape island. As soon as I can sort some of this stuff out I
will respond further. The Barkwell House at grape island is to be one of my
stops when I go to Weevie this summer.

Do you or anyone have an E-mail address for Dr. Bernard Barkwell or a phone
no. for him. La Mesa Ca. is just a stones throw down the holler from me.

Grumps

This thread: