WVTYLER-L Archives

Archiver > WVTYLER > 2004-03 > 1080781039

Subject: [TYLER] Wolfpen Normal School In Tyler County
Date: 31 Mar 2004 17:57:19 -0700

Surnames: LeMaster, Debolt
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/AFC.2ACI/201

Message Board Post:

Hello, I hope someone can help or send me in the right direction.

I have been told that my g-grandfather Fenton Clark LeMaster was a principal and teacher at a school in Tyler County called Wolfpen Normal. He would have been at this school during the late 1880's and early 1900's. He met his future wife there as she was a student, my g-grandmother Louis Estel Debolt.

I have a photo of one of those green and white state road signs in Tyler County which reads:

TEN MILE
WOLF PEN RD.

There is a 32 also on the sign, don't know if that is an interstate number, highway number or what.

I know that the school no longer exists, but I am trying to find any proof that my g-grandfather was indeed the principal and teacher.

If anyone knows anything about this school or if anyone knows somebody they think would know I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

This thread: