WVTYLER-L Archives

Archiver > WVTYLER > 2007-10 > 1192825600

From: ,
Subject: [WVTYLER] Ten Mile-Wolf Pen Road/Wolf Pen Grade School, Need Help
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:26:40 -0000

Author: kaitysmom
Surnames: Debolt, LeMasters
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.westvirginia.counties.tyler/800/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hello, I have posted about this subject before, but I believe it has been a couple of years, so trying again.

I am searching for any and all information concerning the Wolf Pen Grade School that was in Tyler County, WV. My great-great grandfather Fenton Clark LeMasters was supposedly a teacher and possible the superintendant of the school around 1898. The family story is that his future wife, Louis Estel Debolt, was attending this school and that is how they met and married on May 8, 1898. They actually married in Wetzel County.

I have a document that has a photo of the school and is entitled "Wolf-Pen School Report of Scholarship" At the time this document was produced the teacher of the school was a Mr. A.M. Grimes. I believe this to be a one room school house that taught all grades.

I also believe that this school was located on Hwy 32 as I have photo of a state road sign that says Ten Mile/Wolf Pen Rd.

If anyone can shed anymore light on this school or if there are any records that survive for the time period of 1898, please contact me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

In Christ,
Melissa (LeMaster) Barker
E-Mail: