WYATT-L Archives

Archiver > WYATT > 1998-09 > 0905356647

From: Darrell Rainey <>
Subject: Re: [WYATT-L] James Wyatt
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 15:57:27 +0000

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:54:26 EDT wrote:
> Hey
> I am looking for the family of James Wyatt of Laurens County Georgia.
> He married a Hobbs ancestor of mine by the name of Lucretia Hobbs who was born
> in 1824 also in Laurens. Below are the names of their children.
> Lizzie Wyatt m. James Mumford
> Jack Wyatt m 1st. Matilda Fordham
> 2nd. Mrs. Dalton
> John Wyatt
> Henry Wyatt
> Ella Wyatt Cliff Adams
> Nannie Wyatt Nathan Jones
> Clementine Wyatt Silas Jones
> Maggie Wyatt Bill Adams
> Fannie Wyatt Bill Adams
> Webb Wyatt _____Tyre
> Webb's second wife was his first cousin. He married Susan Frances " Frankie"
> Hobbs his mother's brother's daughter they had no children.

Hi, I have among my GA WYATTs a Webster "Webb" WYATT
also. He is the son of John Samuel WYATT (b. Cherokee Co., GA) and the
grandson of Joseph WYATT (b. 1831, St Austell, Cornwall, Eng/ d. 1910
Cherokee Co., GA). Joseph's parents and siblings were...

John WYATT b. 1790 St. Agnes, Cornwall, England = Mary Elizabeth PAULS
b. 1792 St Agnes

They had the following sons

John WYATT
Solomon WYATT
James S. WYATT
Abraham WYATT b. 1825 Devon, BereAlston, England - Georgia = Hannah ?
1821, England
Francis WYATT b. 1827 St. Stephens, Cornwall
Joseph WYATT (1831-1910) St. Austell, Cornwall- Ball Ground, Cherokee
Co, GA = Mary Catherine PASCOE (1837-1884) Heard Co GA - Ball
Ground, Cherokee Co GA
William WYATT died in Australia
Elijah WYATT

The 1851 UK census lists John Sr., Mary, Abraham, Francis and Joseph as
living at St Andrewsbridge, Tywardreath. All the men are copper miners.

These three sons came to America in 1855 to mine gold in Cherokee
County, GA. I assume some of the other brothers were already here.

Of the eight sons, one died in England, two in Australia, one in Colorado,
three in Georgia, and one unknown.

As you can see my Joseph had a brother named James who is unaccounted
for. He could very possibly be yours.

Darrell Rainey

My WYATT family photos can be seen at...
http://128.192.6.113/MyTestPage/default.ht

This thread: