WYATT-L Archives

Archiver > WYATT > 2004-08 > 1093285558

Subject: Re: [WYATT-L] Thomas Ballard Wyatt
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:26:15 EDT

I wanted to thank everyone for your help on Thomas M. Wyatt.

There is a Thomas M. Wyatt listed in the 1860 Talladega County, Al. census

801/ 820 Thomas M. Wyatt age 57 male
Francis Wyatt age 46 female
William Wyatt age 25 male school teacher
Susan Wyatt age 23 female
Mary Wyatt age 20 female
Thomas Wyatt age 19 male
Eliza Wyatt age 15 female
Matilda Wyatt age 9 female
John Wyatt age 7 male

Would this be the same Thomas M. Wyatt that is a son of Thomas Ballard Wyatt?
Is his middle name Moore or Meriweather?

This is what I have so far.... (not sure if this info is accurate, found this
info at a library in Alabama)

Thomas Ballard Wyatt has a brother named Joseph Ballard Wyatt, a sister
named Jemima, Sumter Co, Va.

Thomas Ballard Wyatt, born 1755 or 1760 Caroline, Va. son of John Wyatt and
Elizabeth Smith. Elizabeth daughter of Thomas Ballard Smith and Ann
Meriweather.

Thomas Ballard Wyatt's children:

Thomas M. Wyatt, born 1803
Nancy Wyatt, born abt: 1787 Jasper Co, Ga.
Mary "Polly" Wyatt, born abt: 1789
Susanna Wyatt, born abt: 1790
Martha Wyatt, born abt: 1791
Thurza Wyatt, born abt: 1793
Lucy Wyatt, born abt: 1795
Sarah Jemima Wyatt, born abt: 1788 died in Tenn.
Joseph Moore Wyatt, born 1797 Newton Co, Ga. died 1875 Americus, Sumter, Ga.
buried at Wyatt Cemetery.

Thomas M. Wyatt married Frances Aaron on Dec. 4, 1833 marriage book
1820-1825 p. 162 Jasper Co, Ga.

I have some information on Thomas Ballard Wyatt's will, but I don't think I
have all of the information.

I have Wyatt ancestors in Talladega, Al. but not sure if they relate to
Thomas Ballard Wyatt or his son Thomas M. Wyatt. Thanks for any help.

Joy

This thread: